Chapter 8: Making Deals

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack was shoved into the Captain's Cabin by two soldiers, and they closed the doors leaving Jack alone with Beckett who faces away from him.

"Curious. Your friends appear to be quite desperate Jack. Perhaps they no longer believe that a gathering of squabbling pirates can defeat the Flying Dutchman."

Jack glanced at Beckett, and began walking around the Cabin and looking through things.

"And so despair leads to betrayal. But you and I are no strangers to betrayal, are we?"

Jack glanced down at the P burned into his arm.

"It's not here, Jack." Beckett told him, as he finally turned to face him.

Jack tried to play dumb. "What? What isn't?"

"The heart of Davy Jones. It's safely aboard the Dutchman, and so unavailable for use as leverage to satisfy your debt to the good Captain."

"By my reckoning, that account has been settled." Jack replied casually.

"By your death? Yet here you are." Beckett pointed out.

Jack picked up a cane. "Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream. That's how I get by."

"And if Davy Jones were to learn of your survival?" Beckett subtly threatened.

...

Meanwhile, back at the Pearl, some of Beckett's men, lead by Mercer, climbed aboard the ship.

"My men are crew enough." Sao Feng told Mercer.

"Company ship, company crew." Was all Mercer said.

Will approached Sao Feng looking angry. "You agreed. The Black Pearl was to be mine."

Sao Feng smirked. "And so it was." He nodded to some of his crew members, and they grabbed Will and punched him in the gut.

...

Becket picked up two small cups of alcohol. "Perhaps you'll consider an alternative arrangement. One which requires absolutely nothing from you but information."

Jack hesitantly accepted the glass. "Regarding the Brethren Court, no doubt. In exchange for fair compensation?" He took Beckett's glass as well and drank them both. "Square my debt with Jones, guarantee my freedom."

"Of course." Beckett agreed. "Just good business."

Jack tried to act more aloof. "Were I in a divulgatory mood, what then might I indulge?"

"Everything. Where are they meeting? Who are the pirate lords? What is the purpose of the nine pieces of eight?"

...

Will, Elizabeth, (Y/n) and the rest of the crew were all chained up together, with Elizabeth and (Y/n) glaring at Will.

Sao Feng placed a hand on Mercer's shoulder. "Beckett agreed the Black Pearl was to be mine." He hissed.