.0 (edited)

𝐻𝓊𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇
𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃

"Where are we going?" the young girl asked for the nth time, and her aunt lost count.

"It's a surprise, Miia. Now, callate!" The response made the younger girl slouch in the passenger seat, a pout etched on her features. Begrudgingly, Miia returned her attention to her book, 'Pet Cemetery' by Stephan King; she re-read it for the 8th time since they departed.

A little down the road, the pair stopped at a gas station to stretch their legs and grab a few snacks for the road. The place looked run down, with two gas pumps in the front. The store's windows had a coat of dirt over them, and the store itself was hanging on by a thread as if a gust of wind would tear the whole place down.

Through her peripherals, she saw bright headlights that belonged to a pink delivery truck. It was parked parallel to theirs; she didn't know what it was, but it unsettled her. Miia entered the store, picking up chocolates and other small goodies for her and her aunt. She found herself looking out the dirtied window to see if the truck was still there, and it was. The headlights were still on, but there was no sign of a driver inside.

'Maybe the driver went to the restroom,' she thought in an attempt to ease her mind.

"Miia, let's go," her aunt's voice snapped the girl out of her thoughts.

She held the items, sped, and walked to the counter. While at the counter, she looked out the window again, and to her relief, the truck was gone.

'Maybe I should avoid reading horror stories for a bit,' she laughed.

Her aunt started the car and began to peel out of the driveway while Miia stared at the glowing moon. The pair laughed and sang along with the radio, oblivious to the delivery truck following behind them.

A/n: Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!! Please leave a comment and vote.

Have a good day, my loves, and stay hydrated!!! :))