.3

𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓽 𝓪 𝓰𝓸𝓭
𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓯 𝓘 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓷
'𝓒𝓾𝓼 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓭𝓸

'Lamiia woke up, but we had to sedate her.'

Carlisle was with another patient when he received the message. He looked at his pager for a moment, processing what he read. He excused himself after asking if they needed anything.

As he stepped out into the hallway, one of the police officers entered with another woman. The woman looked to be in her mid-forties. She had dark hair with a few grey strands tied back into a neat bun. She wore a white blouse, grey pants, and black flats. She followed behind the officers in the direction of Miia's room. Carlisle followed behind at a reasonable distance; he figured she was one of the state's psychologists sent here to evaluate Miia.

He re-read it for the 100th time today. His brows furrowed at her quick recovery... She was lucky. His mind raced with thoughts on how far she was running, how her eyes darted behind her before she spoke up like she was being followed by someone.

"Hey, Lamiia, I'm Dr. Abigail Carter, I wanted to ask you a few things." Dr. Carter's voice was soft.

"What is she doing," the officer asked, causing a confused look to form on Carlisle's face. He stayed seated, knowing he would have to wait until Dr. Carter left.

"Do you know where you are," Dr. Carter asks after a moment of silence. The sound of shuffling could be heard after she spoke. Miia's heart rate picked up as her fear grew. Carlisle tried to occupy himself as Dr. Carter spoke with Lamiia. Her questions never got a response, only silence followed. Dr. Carter came out of the room, a worried expression etched on her features, the officer following behind his expression held confusion more than worry.

_______

Miia sat underneath one of the bedside tables across the room, her arms wrapped around her legs, and her face buried in her knees. She had been in this position since she woke up; her ears perked whenever she heard footsteps and held her breath as the doctors and nurses continued walking. Her eyes darted around the dimly lit hospital room as she curled closer to the wall as her mind raced.

'Where am I?' 'What happened?' 'When will they find me... do they know where I am?'

These thoughts repeated over and over; she had to get out of there, but where would she go?
Her thoughts were cut short by the sound of the door opening, "Lamiia?"

A familiar voice called. It was the man who found her, he was wearing a white coat, black slacks, and black shoes. His pale skin contrasted against the dark walls of the hospital room, "Lamiia," he called again. His voice was soft. He stopped in front of the table she was under before he crouched down. Miia pressed herself further against the wall.

"There you are," he spoke with a soft smile, "What are you doing under there?" He tilted his head to the side as he spoke.

Miia stared back at him in response, her eyes were still wide, and her heartbeat thumped loudly in her chest. Her brown eyes connected with his.

The fear engulfed her as if she were stranded on a boat in the swarm of snapping crocodiles. Her body remains still, her muscles tensed.

'Was he going to stick me with another needle,' she questions herself. She did not see one, but that doesn't mean he didn't have one.

When he spoke again, it sounded like she was underwater. The rise and fall of her chest grew expeditious. Her heart palpitating. Every emotion swarmed her being, and she didn't know which one she was feeling. Her hands moved to her chest as it heaved, tears pricked her eyes as her chest stung. She felt like she had all the air in the world, but none of it at the same time. Her clammy hands grasped at her hospital gown, tugging it down in hope that would make it easier. Each attempted breath turned into a panicked cry; her eyes widened as tears pooled out of her eyes. She felt like she was dying.

_______

Carlisle hesitated before he moved closer to her. His cold hand reached out to grab hers, his hold gentle yet firm. He didn't know what to say to calm her down. He'd occasionally whisper small, comforting words. In hopes to show that she is safe where she is, he wouldn't mind sitting there for hours, his words playing like a broken record as long as she calmed down. He stayed there until the rise and fall of her chest evened out, and her hyperventilating ceased. He slowly let go of her hand, not before he gave it a small squeeze. He watched as she curled into a ball, her eyes slowly closing.

He would need to find a way to coax her out from under the table but decided to leave her for now.

_______

Miia lay in the fetal position against the cold hospital floor. A complete contrast to the heat of her skin. Before she drifted off to sleep, she felt something placed on top of her. Hey eyelids felt too heavy to open them to see what it was.

A/N: Hey guys!! Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days, college is a bitch lmaooo!!! I'm going to try and post at least once a week, once I get my schedule figured out. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!!!