.1 (edited)

𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒, 𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝑔𝑜
𝒯𝑜 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝑒, 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒

(Lamiia (Miia) above)

She ran as fast as her feet would carry her. She didn't know how long she's been running. She kept running, not caring about her dress getting caught in the fallen tree branches she passed.

She got out. She finally got out.

In the distance, she saw where the forest and the road met. Her adrenaline was fading as she stumbled onto the street. Her runs turned into pathetic limps as she walked to the middle of the street and debated flagging down a car.

A car swerved to the left of her, snapping her out of her thoughts before it screeched to a stop. A man who looked to be in his early twenties stepped out. "Are you okay?" he asked, worry etched on his features. Miia stumbled back as he cautiously approached her. Her eyes widened like a deer in headlights.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm a doctor at Forks Medical Center," his voice sounded like he was underwater; her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she collapsed. He quickly ran to her and checked her pulse; it was faint. Without a second thought, Carlisle sped to the hospital, not caring about the car he left in the middle of the road. When he arrived, doctors flocked towards them. He placed the girl on a stretcher and watched as they rolled her into the O.R.

He called Esme to inform her about the car he left stranded in the middle of the road and tell her about what happened to the best of his ability.

-----

Meanwhile, the surgeons operating on Miia were having a hard time. She coded on the table twice, so they induced a coma to stabilize her vitals. Her ribs were broken so severely they punctured one of her lungs. She had deep ligature marks on her neck, wrists, and ankles that were so deep they'd leave scars. She didn't look older than seventeen and had been through hell. This sight was something that would stay on the doctor's mind forever.

Once the surgery was over, one of the nurses called Chief Swan to take her case. He walked into the room she was in, and he was left speechless. The sight of the girl made him question who was capable of this. For the first time in years, he had to swallow the bile in his throat; she was around the same age as his daughter. He can't imagine something like that happening to Bella, and he won't.

He walked out, his breath shaky, "Any information found?"

"No sir, I can ask other departments for a missing persons case," the officer replied.

Charlie nodded in response and sent him on his way when he saw Dr. Cullen. "I heard you brought her in," he said.

"Yes, I was," Carlisle spoke, "She ran out of the woods like she was running from someone. I don't know where she came from, but she was distressed. I'm surprised she made it as far as she did due to the severity of her injuries."

"How is she holding up?"

"We had to induce a coma because she coded twice. One of her ribs was a millimeter away from piercing her left lung. She's doing fine now, thankfully. "

"Did they run a rape kit?"
Charlie's question caused a grim look to appear on Carlisle's face. He swallowed before answering, "Yes, it shows that someone raped her multiple times."

The tension in the air was thick, suffocating even. Once the two men had finished conversing, Charlie left the hospital and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

-----

Carlisle sat in the room with the girl, the night's events repeatedly replaying. He didn't want her to feel alone; he was sure whatever she went through, she went through alone.

Esme, Rosalie, and Alice went clothes shopping for her. They thought it would be nice for her to have something when she woke up. He smiled at the thought of Alice bouncing around when he approved the shopping spree.

Carlisle didn't know why, but he felt he needed to protect the girl in front of him. He attributed this to his 'fatherly instincts.'

A week has passed, and there's still no sign of her waking up anytime soon. Esme sat in a chair across from her, reading a book aloud to her. She had been doing so for the past few days. He smiled at the sight in front of him. She was always so nurturing. They barely knew her, but she already had a substantial impact on them.

There has been no word on her identity yet. At one point, Charlie started asking departments outside the Washington area for information in hopes of finding anything.

Carlisle's hopes for her waking up increased when they removed the incubator. The once-dark room came to life after Alice added flowers and opened the curtains to the windows.

"What are we going to do when she wakes up," Alice asked.

"She'll most likely be in shock, so not too much."

"Where will she go?" Esme asked, but she already knew the answer. She hoped that since Carlisle had found her, he would sign off as her guardian so the girl could stay with them.

"She would have to go somewhere that would help her the most. However, I'm not opposed to her staying with us."

"What will the Volturi think when we adopt another human, Carlisle," Rosalie said. She wasn't against the idea, but the Volturi were on their heels because of Bella.

"Well," Alice answered, "I don't think they would mind because she's their mate." She had the vision when Esme was reading to the girl. She saw the girl painting with Caius while Marcus and Aro curled around them. The four of them smile and talk to each other.

The rest of them sat in shock. Carlisle decided to keep this between them until the girl woke up. However, he contemplated not saying anything at all for her sake. After all, she had already been through so much, which would only overwhelm her.

A/n: Hope you enjoyed it!!! :))