r e a l i t y

harry knocked on the greengrass sister's door.

"harry?" daphne answered.

"hey, can we talk?" he asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"uh, sure." daphne opened the door wider to let harry in.

daphne grabbed her mug of tea and sat down on the couch, curling her feet under her.

"what do you need?" daphne asked, a trace of worry etched into her face.

"uh, well, i know i haven't known you for long, but people can't control their feelings, according to theo, but, uh, daph, i like you a lot. and i want to have a life with you in it. you make me smile, and you're an amazing person, i don't know how i got so lucky to meet you. and, uh—"

daphne cut him off with her lips. "i like you too harry. and i want to be yours."

harry looked somewhat in shock, but smiled and kissed daphne back.

daphne pulled away suddenly. "what about ginny? she's my friend! i cant date her ex! wait, are you guys even broken up?"

"ginny broke up with me before going with you guys to mexico. she said she was losing feelings, and she knew i had some feelings for you. she told me to ask you out, that's why she knew i was getting dating advice from theo." harry reassured her.

daphne let out a sigh of relief. "okay, good. and promise me something."

"yeah?" harry asked, interlacing his fingers with daphne's.

"don't take dating advice from theo ever again."

harry laughed. "well, if you'd be my girlfriend, then i won't have to."

daphne smiled. "that was too smooth, harry. but yes, i'll be your girlfriend, of course i will."

harry smiled wide, and pulled daphne into his lap.