Chapter 21: Suspicious.

Rohan settled in the guest room taking out his laptop and going through the file his detective had sent him. It was the profile of a man named Ritesh Shankar who was also the man who Priya had been dating, less scamming. There was a phone number provided in the file, Rohan grabbed his phone and dialled the number heaving a long sigh.

After a few rings, he heard the phone being picked up.

"Hello?"
"Hello, it's Rohan Singhania."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Meera! Chhaya! Good you're both here, abhi Aarav bhi aa raha hoga."

(Aarav must be on his way.)

Shourya walked into his room with his children clinging to him like monkeys. He put them down as Riya also walked in and bribed them with ice cream and chaat so they don't interrupt everyone here. The elders had decided to let the youngsters solve the issue at hand, as they didn't want to hassle them or get in the way.

Chhaya smiles at the others before looking back down at her laptop, she had been extremely focused on her laptop for the past half an hour and Meera just couldn't get her off it. Soon Aarav walks in with his phone to his ear, clearly distressed at whatever the other person was saying.

"Arrey baba, aisa kuch nahi hai. . . woh sirf meri-"

(Hey, it's nothing like that. . . .she's just a-)

Seeing that he had made quite the entrance and everyone present was looking his way he mumbled a "I'll call you back" and sheepishly smiled at everyone present.

Meera gently nudged her husband, something she loved doing since she'd taken up the hobby of matchmaking. In return Shourya playfully rolled his eyes and turned to Chhaya, who was again focused on her laptop.

"Chhaya, what are you doing?"
"Nothing bhai, I'm just looking for some jobs-"

"Shut the laptop! Band kro."

(Close it.)

"Pr Shourya bhai-"

(But brother Shourya-)

Shourya gently closes the laptop and takes it out of her hand before placing it on the coffee table. 

"Koi zaroorat nahi hai iski. Agar job krni hi hai toh meri assistant maternity leave pr ja rahi hai, tum uski job fill kr dena. Hala ki iski zaroorat nahi hai, mein apni behen ko koi financial problem nahi hone dunga."

(There's no need to do this. If you want a job, then my assistant is going on maternity leave, you can fill in for them. However, that's not needed, I won't let my sister face any financial problems.)

"Pr bhai, meine humesh apne paise-"

(But bhai, I've always used my own-)

"Pata hai, pr jo hamesha kiya hai woh krna zaroori hai kya? Tumhara bhai hai na yahan pr. Rohan bewakoof hai usme tumhari kya galti. Agar tumhari situation mein meri dusri behne, Riya yah Muskaan hoti, toh unka bhi toh mein khyaal rakhta. Un mein aur tume koi farq thodi na hai. Meri behen agar chahti hai toh meri assistant ki position fill kr sakti hai. Pr kahin aur job nahi kregi. Aayi baat samajh mein?"