Chapter 35: Blessings and Parties

Finally, the wedding rituals began today. The grandest resort in Manali had been booked with the most magnificent view of the mountains and the lake Rohan had proposed to Chhaya. Chhaya was bubbling with excitement, and Rohan was enjoying every second of it. The plan for today was going to be a small pooja at the temple for blessings and then their sangeet at night. Everyone had decided that the sangeet would be the perfect excuse to just let loose and enjoy every second of their newfound happiness.

Right now Rohan was waiting outside Chhaya's room ready to leave for the temple. The family had already left, but Chhaya needed some extra time to make sure she looked perfect. Not wanting her to rush, Rohan let the others go whilst he patiently waited. Something he would never do for someone else.

 Something he would never do for someone else

Soon the door to Chhaya's room opened and she stepped out leaving Rohan speechless at his bride's beauty. Her hair was tied in a loose braid with daisies weaved through them, small studs glittering in her ears, gold bangles hanging off her wrist and a delicate necklace placed around her neck. She looked like a princess. With a shy smile on her face, she held Rohan's hand and asked if they could leave now. 

"Itni sundaar lagogi toh mein pooja pe dhyaan kaise dunga? Aur mein pure dil se humare liya prathna krna chahta tha."

(If you'll look this beautiful, then how'll I focus on the pooja? And I wanted to pray for us with all my heart.)

Chhaya gently pushed him and freed herself from him. Rohan watched her dupatta fly in the wind as she rushed away from him. Deciding he'd let her get away this time, Rohan smiled to himself.

 Deciding he'd let her get away this time, Rohan smiled to himself

Rohan held her hand tighter gave her cheek a kiss and guided them out. At the temple, Chhaya was focused on the pooja and the procedure and Rohan was solely focused on his bride. They spent the rest of the day at the temple where the orphanage kids played around, the elders sat and listened to the priest, Aarav, Riya and Muskaan took pictures of every single moment, and Meera and Shourya played hide and seek with their kids. The bride and groom, however, went on a walk through the market.