Chapter One: Oh, Who Is He?

3rd Person & Past Tense:

Izumi was just minding her own business when suddenly a racket unfolded. 

"Uhm, excuse me sir, would you be willing to give up your seat?" A nice, innocent voice asked.

"That is priority seating afterall, so it would only be right to let this older woman sit there." 

"My, my you are a pretty girl. I understand that this is priority seating, honey, but there's no law forcing me to give it up. Do you think I have to stand up just because I'm still young?" 

He chuckled.

"What a bunch of ageist nonsense." 

"Sure, I'm younger than her but standing uses way more energy than sitting. Tell me. Why must I sacrifice my health for this old lady's sake?" 

"Because, you'd be contributing to the greater good of humanity. Just take a look at her. She's having trouble staying upright." The girl said.

"I have zero interest in contributing to the greater good." He brushed his hair upwards. 

"And anyway, there are plenty of more jerks on this bus that could give up their seat. Further more, I don't see the difference between priority seating and a normal one-" 

"Truth is dear, I don't mind standing. But don't worry, and thank you all the same." The old lady said. 

The girl looked sad but then asked everyone on the bus, "Excuse me, would anyone be willing to give their seat to this sweet lady?" 

No one spoke for a bit. 

Kiyotaka looked around at this hopeless situation. 

And we call this 'mankind' where's the 'kind' in this place? 

Izumi closed her book that she was reading. "I can give you my seat." She said calmly. 

"Ah, thank you!" The girl said. 

The old lady walked over to Izumi's aisle seat and took it from her. "Thank you, kind girl." The old lady said with a smile. 

This really isn't my business but it needs to quiet down.

Izumi thought. 

She left the place of her seat and walked over to where the girl was.

"Thanks again!" She whispers. 

Izumi nods. "It's really nothing." She said blankly. 

While Izumi is side-glancing, her eyes land on Kiyotaka Ayanakoji. Their eyes met for a second before the bus stopped. 

Ayanokoji's POV & Present Tense:

Is she looking at me? 

Oh, hey the bus stopped. 

(Usually, Ayanakoji would've shrugged it off but she looked at him with the exact same 

expression. Like she wasn't interested in this at all)

I get off the bus and walk to class. 

Well, this is it. My new school.

Tokyo Advanced Metropolitan Nurturing High school. Established by the government to raise students that have been deemed our country's future leaders.

Movers and shakers, if you will. And it works too. It boosts 100 percent college and employment rates. 

Using experimental state derived teaching methods, they've pulled out all the stops to build a bright future for Japan.