Chapter Three: Weirdo?

Izumi's POV & Present Tense:

Who was that in my dreams?

Dream # 1 (short one)

"Sudo! Stop!"

"Who needs Algebra anyways?!" 

Dream # 2 

Who's that fighting Ayanokoji? Wait, Student council president Manabu Horikita? 

Who knew Ayanokoji could dodge so well?

End Dream flashback~~~

I walk up to Ike first. 

"Hi, Ike, I believe we haven't met before." I say. 

"O-oh, You're Izumi Shira, right?"

He looks at my face and then my whole body. 

Perv. 

"Yes, I uh, was hoping you'd be able to join a study group with me? 

I know this may seem weird, but I'm not that smart either, I was hoping you and your friends would be there with me?" 

My voice is still quite neutral-like but I think he imagined it differently. 

"Sure! I'll go ask Sudo and Yamauchi!" He scampers off to make a call or two. 

"Now to go tell Ayanokoji and Horikita." I say. 

I go to the classroom. "I did it. It wasn't that hard, you know, Ayanokoji." I say to him. 

"Easy for you to say, you're a female and Ike was the easiest one to target." He says. 

I pull out my phone and text Horikita.

Did it, now you have to successfully keep them there

I say in text.

"Done. Now Horikita is gonna kill me for reaching out to her, isn't she?" I say. 

"No breakfast again?" Ayanokoji says. 

"Yep. You know me." I say. 

Time skip to after school in the study group~~~

"Sudo! Stop!" 

"Who needs algebra anyways?!" 

It's the same as my dream. 

"I know she can be snappy, but you both have to be patient with each other." I say calmly. 

"When am I gonna use it huh?" Sudo continues. 

"This is such an earful and I'm not the one being shouted at."

 I comment to Ayanokoji. 

"If I wanted to get ready for the future then I'd rather play basketball to get ready for a future with the pros! Not stick my nose in some book." 

Sure, being a professional basketball player is fine but you need to be professional, not some star kid who beat his dad on the first try. 

Being someone in business is more likely to skyrocket. 

"Delusional. You? Playing professional basketball? Do you even have an 'inkling' of how difficult it is to get to that level? 

It requires commitment and dedication, which you sorely lack. Face it, you don't have what it takes." Horikita says coldly. 

"I didn't skip practice to come here and get insulted. This was a waste of my time." 

The other two start leaving as well.