Chapter Four: Hidden.

Ayanokoji's POV & Present Tense: 

"What do you want from me?" The annoyed senior says.

"I just wanna consult with you about something. Don't worry, I'll make it worth your while." I smoothly start say.

"Do you still have any of your class's midterm questions? From two years ago? I want  you to hand them over to me."

The senior looks a little startled.

"Why are you asking me, not one of the other upperclassmen?" 

"Is it that hard to see? People like you who are short on class points are much more likely to see the benefit of striking a deal with us.

And don't think I didn't see you struggling to eat that wild vegetable lunch combo." 

The senior pauses before giving me a glance after looking at his lunch.

"How much will you pay?" He asks. 

"10 000 points. I won't go any higher." I say quickly. 

"I'm taking a big risk here too y'know. I'll need 30 000 at the least." 

"I'm afraid that won't work. Sorry to disappoint."

"Then you can forget making a deal with me." The senior says. 

Kushida stands up and bangs the table lightly. 

Izumi's POV & Present Tense:

"Please reconsider! We're doing this to prevent a friend of ours getting kicked out of school! I'm begging you to help us!" 

"10 000." Ayanokoji says.

"U-uh 25 000." The guy says. 

"10 000." Ayanokoji repeats. 

Kushida sits down on the table to make her breasts look bigger. 

They keep negotiating until they land on 15 000.

"I can live with that. You've got a deal. That is if you include the quizzes from the first term as a bonus." Ayanokoji says. 

The senior sighs in defeat. 

"Okay.." 

Kushida says some words as thanks and we leave. 

We go outside and they both sit on a bench while I stand in front of them.

(In the anime, it doesn't show any conversation before this so bare with me)

"But still, how'd you know It'd be okay?" Kushida asks, sitting on the bench with Ayanokoji.

"Don't worry about it. I can promise that it's in school rules." I say, about to walk away.

"I suppose that could be true but... studying old test questions? It looks a whole lot like cheating." 

"I disagree with you on that. 

His reaction to my proposition just proves my theory." Ayanokoji looks at me as I'm right about to walk away.

I stop in my tracks and turn to him. 

"You were saying?" I say plainly. 

"Trading old test questions around students are nothing out of the ordinary at this school." 

"Maybe because they're just that, old test questions. 

What if this year's exams are nothing like before?" Kushida asks innocently. 

"This year's test may not have the exact same questions but I'm willing to bet it will cover the same content." I say.

"You think so?" Kushida questions.