Chapter 3

Ridge Wright ☁︎

Do you know the feeling of sitting on a throne without faith? Where they lick your toes in public but spit at your existence in private

♞♗♘♝♔♕♖♜♛

Louize Pvt Ltd is a luxury brand for investment seekers. They don't deal with many but they deal with the leading. And now we want their partnership.

Six months ago Wright Group was very well capable of running a project without seeking any investors. Our capitals and current shareholders were sufficient for our projects. Until one day my dear uncle decides to make my life hell. Unlike me, my brother, Ely has no interest in the family business so it was all on me. When I officially took over the Ceo position from my grandfather 2years ago with his retirement, everybody was more than in accord. But eight months ago when my grandfather passed away, my uncle decided to come out of his snakepit. And now with convincing more than 50% of my board of directors to question my intention and professional knowledge regarding the company, Uncle Andrew did pay me well.
That son of a bitch.

So now I have more than half of my directors trying to find a single reason to throw me out of the CEO seat.

I need the Louize with the upcoming dam project since my shareholders are not agreeing to pass the capital. They said 'How we be so sure that it'll be a success? It's indeed a very huge budget you've presented.  Well, of course, I can't guarantee that it'll be a success, all I can do is present analysis or probability reports for a favourable outcome. I can as well make them disappear from the world.
Tempting but no.
As much I despise their presence I won't jeopardise my company. So there is one more way to convince my shareholders. That is, by obtaining funding from Louize pvt ltd. They are known for investing in the finest projects so if they put money in you that means you'll go big.

But as I said they don't invest in many thus just getting and hold of their office's reception for an appointment took us almost a month. But after so many calls to various personnel, we were finally here. Unlike me who is known by almost everyone in Europe, Marilyn isn't exposed to the limelight. Very less people know about her and even fewer have met her personally. So it was quite a bit stimulating moment when they confirm our appointment.

But my gut got kicked when we reach their office and rather than Miss Harrison her general manager and department head addressed us and were also the ones who'll be in charge of this association (if they agree). After meeting Jake, the general manager of Louize it was clear that he was more than in consent of this cooperation as well the department head, Ms Baker.

Thus, I made a gamble which could cost me my CEO position. I requested a personal meeting with Marilyn Harrison, CEO of Loiuze if they want any further cooperation with the Wright.

After two days when my secretary received a call from Miss. Harrison's secretary confirmed the date of the meeting I knew what I needed to do.

...................

I'm waiting in their meeting room with my VP, Finn. After five minutes as stated they are finally here.  "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr Wright." Jake enters the room with a wide smile forwarding his hand for a shake.
"No problem," I replied with a firm smile shaking our hands after that he moved to greet Finn.
"Then let me introduce you to our Boss lady, Mr Wright this is Ms Marilyn Harrison. The founder cum CEO of Louize." Jake said indicating towards the door from which enter a lady followed by two more. But all I could see was her.

Her. It's her.

After all this time it's her.

I felt like my body freeze at that moment, my heart was beating so fast that could be sworn I heard it in my ears. My gaze was as if stuck on her and only her. She was standing in front of me with a wide smile which is nothing as I remember. Eyes which were always shining are now empty and dreaded.

It's her but it also isn't her.

Feeling my throat burning, I let out my words. Saying the name which has been my living nightmare for six years now. The person I have been looking for all these years.
Mara" I whispered.

.........................................................

Yoohooo....new chapter is here.💖💖😩 All informative and all but a bit of a soap opera scene. Also, 6k!!!!! At this point, all I can say is "You guys have bewitched my body and soul."  ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥