Chapter 25

Marilyn Harrison.

Feelings and emotions are fragile. You can't control them nor can you force them to stop. They play on their own, ruining your years of planning and plotting. And all you could do is play along with it.

I hate this. The feeling of weakening every time he stood in front of me. I hate how his mere presence makes me question everything I did for the last six years. Was it worth it? Would I get everything back after this is over?

Or am I doing this because there is no more purpose left out to feel alive anymore?

The very reason I visited Ridge today was to confess what I did. But all it took was one look at his eyes and see hope flickering back for me to throw that idea. He was hoping again, again for a reunion that was not meant to happen. At least not until they are alive.

But like a heartless monster, I let him continue hoping for it and let him kiss me. I thought I was strong but saying no to Ridge when he is that close is impossible for me. I even almost told him all about my dark little past.

I wanted to walk away from my past, from Ridge but with every meeting we are getting wrapped in this web more complexly.

He was not supposed to get involved. He was not supposed to be the weakness. But he is. And if Samuel knows about this weakness of mine he won't blink twice before doing something I'll never forgive myself for.

I made a promise six years ago and I have to fulfill it. But my mind is still full with the thought of him and everything about him.

After coming back from his office I went home because I don't think I'll be able to focus on work today. And as expected Zara was still sleeping on my couch.

While changing into some comfortable set of clothes I could hear the sound of utensils shuttering in the kitchen. Coming out I saw Zara making a coffee with a brush in her mouth. And when her eyes met mine it immediately shone and I knew she found something strong.
I sat on the couch waiting for her to be done cleaning up when my mind went back to the Ridge office again.

"I'll come to your place tonight." He won't. Not after what Finn will or already have said to him about me. Finn gave me a chance, to be honest, he didn't tell Ridge anything because he wanted me to say it myself. But I couldn't.

And now Ridge knows one of the many lies I fed him and one of the many reasons he should hate me.

Zara came and sat beside me chipping from her cup of coffee, "Did you find something?" I asked her straight away without wasting more time.

"I actually did. Samuel is selling Louise." Zara's eyes were fixated on me. Maybe she was expecting some shock in my eyes but there was none. I knew it won't be long before he went back on his words but it was sooner than I expected. 

"Are you sure?" Zara nodded to me with a straight face. "And he is doing a more in-depth background check on Ridge."

And like that, my mind stopped. Panic sets in, my heart is beating rapidly while the past scenes come back to my mind. The sound of them begging, crying, screaming. No. Ridge is not supposed to be involved.

But the sounds stop when a hand falls into mine, "I don't think he doubts you guy's relationship but because Wright has signed a contract with Louise." Zara's words didn't do any improvement to my brain and that fear of losing him, makes my stomach roll.

"But Marilyn...he needs to know about it," Zara spoke softly.

"He.don't Zara. I am not changing my mind so there's no point in bringing this topic up all the time. It is our fight and we'll fight it on our own. And if you don't want to then it's alright. I understand. I'll fight alone. But Ridge will not in any sense be aware of what we are doing. And more importantly, Samuel can never know of our past." Taking a sharp breath in, "Zara, he can't." My desperation was clear by the end.

"I never said that I don't want to fight this. Never. As much as you want this I want it too. It's not only you who lost everything, I.lost.everything.too." Zara's sharp tone made me look up and meet her eyes. and there it was hurt and pain. She was offended that her pain meant nothing to me. They do, and they always will. But I don't want to add more names to the list of people I have lost. "But the reason I want to involve Ridge is because he loves you, that man loves you and has been loving you for six years now. If anyone can protect you, it's him." But that's exactly what I don't want. I don't need protection. I don't need another human shield sacrificing themselves just to protect me.

"He is already here, Mara—" When my glare snapped at her she rephrased "I mean Marilyn. Please hold him, don't let him go"

"Zara—" but before I could finish she changed the topic to the board members. Unlike Tabi and Luca, Zara knew every black-and-white aspect of my life.

"Should we do something about this Tripp guy?" Zara asks as she takes the last sip of her coffee which is now gotten cold.

Shaking my head, "I handle him. Focus on Gerald I just cannot believe he is here only for some acquisition."

"Okay, and I'll arrange the photos.'' I nodded to Zara and picked my stuff up to leave for my room when she grabbed my wrist and looked at me like she wasn't done yet. Hesitation was clearly visible on her face.

"Speak." One word and she took a deep breath before starting.

"It is not confirmed yet but I believe Tabitha was involved in the accident 6 years back."

"Come again." When she did, "Zara this is not funny. You cannot blame her for everything without any evidence. Didn't I tell you to stay away from her? She is not our target."

"I know, I know but at least listen to me," When I didn't say anything she took the cue to continue. "The first three months of your— your disappearance when I was looking for you all over the place, I went to her. I asked her about your whereabouts but she denied straight away saying she had no clue where you were. She even insisted that you are still travelling around the world."

"But it was her—"

"Exactly it was her who called you first, who asked you to come back here. I never thought about this because just like you I never assumed her to be involved as well. but now I am not sure" Zara's tone started rising with each word and my brain started to numb.

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you are trying to say"

"Someone saw her, someone saw her out of that—that place where you were kept. The date and time both match your disappearance." Zara's words rang in my ear but they were making no sense. "She knew Marilyn. She knew everything. She knew what they were doing with you and she let it happen."

"Do you have solid evidence to prove what you said?" I didn't let my emotions come out with my words. A pain similar to a stabbing ache in my heart but I hold on. My nails dig into my wrist and I know blood was drawn but I didn't feel any of that pain. All I felt the betrayal. Yet again. Yet.fucking.again.

"Not yet but I am working on it. but I am sure of it." Zara pushed more but I just—just can't.

"Zara we can't blame someone for something like this without any proof you know that. What if we are wrong? What if it is just some misunderstanding?" I tried to reason with her but maybe it was for me.

"And if I bring you the proof? If I prove that Tabitha was aware of everything that happened six years back and has played a significant role in it. What would you do?"

"If—if she is involved in it then....there won't be any exception for her. There will be no saving her. She will face the same consequence as others if not worse" I said before walking to my room.

................................................................................................

So new chapter is here!!!!
Do let me know how you like chapter.
Until then byeeee🌻💐🫶💌