CHAPTER 29

MARILYN HARRISN (6 years ago)

I left within minutes after Tabi's calls, she sounded so scared and anxious that something in me couldn't wait for tomorrow. I write a small note for Ridge promising to contact him immediately after I sort things out in New york. There is so much I have to tell him and it can't wait anymore. I love this man beyond words can define and a mere identity will never be a obstacle between us. "I love you, wait for me" dropping a kiss on his temple I leave the cottage along with my luggage. 

While waiting at the port, I met Dev, the man in late thirties with the brightest smile except for mine of course. "Hey Mara, what are you doing here with all these bags? Are you leaving?"

"Yes Dev, I got some things to take care of at home," I replied carrying my bag's closure to the deck noticing the approaching ferry. "But I'll be back within no time. Bye Dev." I'll be taking the ferry to Mayne Island From which I'll board the flight directly to New york. And within 4 hours I should be outside by family house. No one knows where I am so they are probably expecting me to reach by tomorrow evening but I'll be there hours before sunrise. While sitting on the ferry looking at the dark oceans I thought about the phone call.

"Hello tabi!" My excitement was so clear the moment I saw her caller ID but it all disappeared when Tabi started speaking, "Marilyn," her voice was low, almost like she was whispering. It was hoarse and sounded like she was crying.

"What happened to Tabi?" Worries coated my voice.

"Mari-Marilyn you...you need to come...home," she let the words out with so much struggle to not cry. What happened to her? Did she fight again with Uncle Sam?

"Tabi, did you fight with Uncle Sam again?" They fight in almost every meeting of theirs, "it's okay Tabi, he doesn't mean bad. He just cares for you. I'll call him okay, don't worry."

"No! Nothing happen with me and father." She paused, taking a sharp breath like she is getting ready to say something, "it's... it's your-oh god I can't do this. Please come home, Mari, please. That's all I can say" She sobbed out the last words. I could feel something bad happening. Something really bad.

"Okay, okay Tabi. I'll be there tomorrow, okay? There is someone with me right now. I'll bring him with me as well. Maybe he'll be some kind of help for this problem we are facing. Right?" When no reply comes from her side I keep going, "No matter what happens I am here for you, okay? Don't be scared and call Luca." I assure her hoping the fear in her voice will disappear. But she cried even harder at my words no matter what I said didn't make her stop sobbing, making my eyes watered. What happened to her?

"You have to come alone, Mara. Please don't bring that person with you or say a thing about this call to him or anyone."

"But—" When I started to oppose not saying anything to Ridge she cut me in the middle and spoke with a pleading voice. As if she was desperate for me to be there. "Please mara. You trust me right? Please come alone. I am running out of time, please come fast."

Ridge would have never let me go alone if I suddenly say that there is something back home I need to take care of without giving any details. He is very protective of me and there is no way I would've convinced him to let me go alone. So I took the most stupidest step I could think of, I left without saying anything with a note saying 'I'll be back soon'.

It took exactly 4 hours to reach home. Thinking Momma Papa must be sleeping now, I didn't ring the bell and instead used my spare key. This lovely couple is an early riser so they sleep really early unlike me and Arthur and since I was not at home for months now and Arthur is staying with his Zara these days, there's more possibility they must be deep asleep by now. It's almost 3 in the morning and by the time the sun rises, I'll freshen up to meet Tabi.