Side Story 1: After Her Wedding

Emel's heart pounded erratically, anxiously waiting for her new husband's arrival inside their joint bedroom, with her sheer nightgown that Tilly coerced her to wear - now covered with a beige shawl.

Her first night.

She downed another gulp of the served red wine, her face flushed red from the frenzied thoughts, even more when she realised they barely spent any time together during their engagement, as he was occupied with the internal conflict at the border.

She knew nothing of him except for his title, appearance (which was somehow forgotten at times), and his voice.

But earlier today, throughout the entire period of the wedding, not once had he ever let go of her hand. And she filially followed behind him to be introduced to the groom's side of guests and had a good look at him the whole time - he was actually really fine looking (Made her heart fluttered whenever they clashed eyes).

She did think of the prince briefly, wondering if her letter ever reached him since none of returning prince's troop members knew that she was getting married to Eisac Eisenhart.

A soft creak resounded behind her and she turned around, embarrassed at the sight of her husband rubbing a towel on his wet hair.

"Were you waiting for me, wife?" He took a seat opposite to her, staring at her with a coy smile.

"Of course I was." Emel replied awkwardly as she tightened her shawl, averting her gaze on her emptied wine glass instead.

His smile grew, noticing the obvious agitation of his new wife. "Forgive me for making you wait, shall we sleep now?" He stood beside her, caressing her slightly damp hair.

She immediately locked eyes with him, a part of her revering the tenderness in his voice. "I'll do my best to please you-"

Warmth spread across her face as he pressed his lips on her forehead, staring at her fondly. "I'm no animal, Emel. We had a long day, so will tomorrow. Might we continue 'this' later?"

If it was possible for her flushed face to turn any redder, she'd definitely resemble a tomato soup. "A-Alright..." she muttered, made her way to the bed and laid down stiffly, gaining another chuckle from her husband.

"Will it be alright if I hug you, wife?" She felt the bed dipped and his eventual presence beside her.

Thump. Thump.

Nodding, Emel felt her back pressed on his firm torso, his long arms rested just below her ribs and his cool breaths landed on her forehead, tickling her skin.

She had no idea how wild her mind ran at that time.

"Goodnight, my lord."

"Sweet dreams, m'lady."

And the two fell asleep in no time, one even snored from exhaustion - and it wasn't coming from the lord.

***