1| Rejected

Isabella Reyes, people like to call me Bella not because they love me but because it is short and easy to pronounce. I think I am the unluckiest girl on the planet.

Why?

Because all I have known since birth has been rejection. My parents regard me as a disappointment and a reason for embarrassment in their family. And the cause for all of this is that I can't shift like a regular wolf. When my family discovered my weakness as a teenager, they labeled me as an outcast. Even though I am their biological child, I never felt like a member of the family.

It's not that I haven't tried, but I just can't do it. And the constant bullying and tearing me down has only made me weaker. Maybe I could have overcome my weakness only if the ones who brought me into this world were with me.

It is not entirely my fault!

Stella, my identical twin, was the first to be born in this world. She has always had the upper hand over me. But my parents have never tried to put themselves in my shoes; instead, they have blamed me for my flaws. Stella is blessed in every way. She received all of our parents' favors and love simply because she can shift and is learning witchcraft.

On the outside, I may appear normal, but on the inside, I am suffering from mental stress as an effect of the way I have been treated my entire life.
But today is the day I have been looking forward to for a long time. I believe that starting today, my life will change and I will find the love and support I have been looking for. Today is Alpha King Xavier Wulfric's 20th birthday. His father is throwing a big party for him, along with a mating ball, because he hasn't found his mate yet so he has announced all the eligible wolves to the party.

Because Stella and I have recently turned eighteen, we are also entitled to participate in the mating ball. I hope to meet my mate today who would surely solve all my problems. I have decided to remain cheerful and optimistic.

Stella sprayed perfume on her neck as we got ready for mate ball and Alpha King's birthday party. She knows a lot about magic and potions at the age of eighteen. And, as far as I know, she created this scent through extensive research, and it is used to mask the true scent for a few hours. She told me about this a few days ago only, when she was in a good mood, very rare times when she talked to me.
"Stella, why are you using this scent?" I asked her the first obvious question that came to my head.

"You know what, Isabella, don't poke your nose in my business!" She sounded so rude that it didn't take even a second to ruin my mood completely.

I gulped as she walked out of the room.

I huffed and closed my eyes as I prayed to the Moon Goddess to make me meet my mate today. I am not going to be able to stay here any longer.

Taking a deep breath, I exited the house and made my way to our old car, which was supposed to take us to the mansion. Like every time my mother hugged Stella and wished her luck while I was ignored. But it didn't bother me because it wasn't the first time they treated me this way. I was just looking forward to the wonderful life that awaited me with my mate.
We arrived at the venue in record time. When I saw the stunning mansion decorated in beautiful standing proudly in front of me, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Intricate carvings, gilded accents, and rich fabrics clearly showed that a large amount of money had been spent on its adornment for the celebration of Alpha King Xavier Wulfric's birthday.

My hands didn't stop shivering as I and the other omegas entered the mansion; my heart was racing and I couldn't catch my breath. I am extremely nervous about who will be my mate. I don’t have high hopes. I just want him to accept me the way I am!

As we arrived, the party had already begun, and I noticed many young people dancing together, indicating that they had found their mates.
In anticipation, I took a deep, shaky breath.