2| Abducted

Isabella's POV

My mate's rejection has turned into a nightmare for me.

When I think about how heartlessly my mate rejected me, the one I expected to love, support, and accept me, my lips curl into a painful smile. The guests laughed at me after he left as if I were some insect without any feelings. I just ran away because I couldn't take the humiliation any longer. I couldn't take any more disrespect.

He not only disowned me but also made breathing difficult in my own home. The news of my inability to shift and my rejection spread like wildfire among the people. When my parents found out about my rejection, their attitude toward me got worse. I couldn't go outside without people whispering and laughing behind my back.

No one wanted to speak to me because I had been rejected by the Alpha King himself, and in front of so many people.

Because I was being bullied at school, I decided not to continue my studies here. I took off and graduated among the humans. Because I couldn't shift, I was able to stay with them normally. I could have stayed with another pack as well, but I was afraid that I would again get bullied for my weakness.

But I had to return home after graduation. After three years, I expected my family to accept or treat me well because I had returned after such a long time, but there was no change in their behavior; in fact, they are still waiting for me to get a job and relocate outside of the country permanently.

Because of what my identical twin sister Stella witnessed in our home, she began to despise me for no apparent reason. She has never treated me as if I were her sister. She only speaks to me when she needs something from me. But I haven't seen her since I returned home because she has also moved in with a witch to learn more magic and hone her skills.

I am here only for a few days, and I want these days to pass without causing any havoc in my life. I don't want to have to deal with Alpha King Xavier Wulfric again.

Shoving my hands into the pocket of my pants, and lifting my chin, I stepped forward.

Everything around me felt so quiet and still.

Today is a full moon, and the air will soon be filled with howling wolves as they shift back to their original form. They enjoy the full moon, but I believe I am the only wolf who despises it, and the reason is simple.

I skipped dinner and went for a walk in the forest, which is the only place where I can find peace. The reason for me leaving the house was also that my parents would start telling me again and again how unlucky I am that I can't shift, and now I have to live alone as no one is going to accept the rejected mate of Alpha King.

I interviewed with a few companies and am now awaiting their responses. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible.

I took a deep breath and decided to take a few seconds to clear my mind and forget all those bitter memories that haunted me like a nightmare everywhere I went. I sat down after sliding down the tree and looked up at the sky, where the moon was about to rise in all her glory and power.

I am twenty-one years old now, and despite finding my mate, I am sitting in the middle of the forest, with darkness surrounding me and loneliness eating me alive from within.

I huffed and shook my head, trying to come up with something else to think of that could make me happy. I can't always dwell on the negative aspects of my life. In the last three years, that person has taught me to always be optimistic and to expect the unexpected. I am not interested in anyone now. I am sufficient for myself.

My eyes were moving around, and they caught sight of something shining. It emitted a constant light that chased away the darkness of the surroundings. This is exactly what I aspire to be!