3| Cold Hearted Alpha

Xavier's POV

I felt my skin crawling and a sensation coursing through my body as the full moon rose higher in the sky and its power grew stronger. The very familiar feelings and sensations were overwhelming and burning up inside me; I knew it was due to the power of the full moon, and I knew I was going to shift!

As my body morphed, my, tail muscles bulged, and bones cracked, ready to shift into my wolf form, I let out a loud howl. I doubled over in my human form, gritting my teeth and grumbling as my body twisted and writhed. As I screamed at the top of my lungs, my knees buckled and my fingers curled. My bones cracked and reshaped, becoming longer and thicker. My fingers and toes became sharp claws, and thick hair erupted all over his body, covering my once-human skin with a thick layer of black hair. I roared, my face lengthening and my teeth growing into sharp, lethal fangs.

When I shifted, I howled and threw my head back. My voice echoed throughout the forest; it was so loud that I am sure every living being heard it!

My senses became more acute, and I could smell blood pulsing through the veins of nearby animals. I let out another guttural howl, relishing the strength coursing through my body. I wanted to hunt, devour, eat, and destroy everyone and everything, this kind of fire was burning inside me.

I stood up on two legs, towering over my human form, once the transformation was complete. I was now a massive, snarling werewolf, ready to hunt in the full moonlight, as soon as I got my hands on my prey.

I am Xavier Wulfric, the Alpha King. Everything is at my fingertips except one, and that is my mate. I am now 23 years old. I found my mate when I was twenty, but I rejected her because she was an Omega who couldn't even shift, which is the most important thing for a wolf. This was completely unacceptable to me, so I simply rejected her without hesitation. Earlier, whenever I prayed to the Moon Goddess for a mate, I always asked for someone who was as powerful and loyal as I was.

Every full moon, I transform into my wolf form only to get more anxious because even after having everything, I am incomplete without my mate!

Though it is there years and I am still unable to shrug her image out of my head.

I am the most powerful, dangerous, and cruel Alpha King, the Alpha of North. I am willing to die for my pack and kill anyone who tries to cheat me or plan behind my back. I don't spare traitors, even if they are close to me. I can't stand deception and lies.

To quell the rage coursing through my veins, I punish one of the criminals every full moon because it makes me even angrier and gives them such a punishment that others think twice about going against me or doing anything which is against my strict norms.

"Alpha King, here he is!"

My men brought the perpetrator in front of me and bowed before leaving him there and standing back. My rage doubled as soon as my gaze fell on him, and I could feel nothing but rage coursing through my veins. The culprit began palpating in front of me like a leaf. I could see fear in his eyes. I am certain he saw me as his demise, which of course I was. I never show my wolf form to anyone because it is so dangerous that people pee in their pants when they see me in it.

He immediately clasped his hands, pleading for mercy as nothing came out of his terrified mouth, but that was not going to stop me from showing him his place.

My palms curled into balls, my jaw clenched together as I raised my fist in the air and hit his nose with a loud growl. He collapses six feet away from me, his nose bleeding, his chest heaving up and down, and heaving noises of excruciating pain.

"How dare you join forces with our adversaries!" At the top of my lungs, I growled.

"How. Dare. You."