03

CHAPTER THREE: Adventure!

In simple words, time flied.

Na'taya grew strongly with every passing day, until she was out running in the many forests surrounding her home with her siblings.

Only, she still had a sparkle of childhood innocence deep within her — unaware of the struggles her family had faced before she came into the world.

She was a smart girl, yet she lacked knowledge of the dangers of the world.

Her family vowed to protect her from the darkness for as long as possible.

Na'taya was now four years old, nearly five, and her family couldn't be more proud of her.

She was the light of their life, being the youngest of a family with four siblings — five if you included Spider.

She was an adventurous girl, and like her eldest sister, loved the world and Eywa.

Which brings them all to where they are now.

____

"Guys, wait up!" Tuk whined, she jumped onto the long forest branch as the others continued to run ahead of her.

They found themselves in a vast and stunning forest, with beauty in every direction. The sunlight radiated intensely but remained hidden by the many tall trees.

The siblings, all of them minus Neteyam, were out exploring.

Na'taya was being protectively held by  Kiri.

She begged her older siblings to let her tag along, her curiosity getting the best of her.

They agreed, simply because who were they to deny Na'taya of what she wants? Of course, that had made Tuk want to come as well, only unfortunately she was a little bit too big to get carried.

As the group got to the part of the forest they were looking for, Lo'ak shouted, "Tuk, keep up!"

"Okay, okay!" she rolled her eyes and caught up with the group.

"Dude, why'd you even bring her?" Spider asked judgementally.

"She's such a cry baby, man. She was complaining about how if 'Taya gets to come then she should too. Plus she said she was gonna tell mom that we were going to the battle field and I can't really deal with that right now."

"Hey!" Tuk stuck out her tongue.

Seeing this, Na'taya let out a laugh and a toothy smile swept across her face. Tuk smiled in return, she loved making her baby sister laugh.

"Ugh, don't pick on her Lo'ak." Kiri sighed.

Mimicking her eldest sister, Na'taya sighed too. "Yeah, Lo'ak. Don't pick on Tuk!" She crossed her arms as a childish pout came across her face.

Playfully, Lo'ak gasped offendedly, "'Taya, when did you get so sassy?" He walked towards her as she tried to hide herself in Kiri's hold — only that didn't work.

Lo'ak picked Na'taya up and tickled her side, playfully scolding, "You can't hide from me little miss."

Between giggles, Na'taya responded, "I know."

"You know?" Lo'ak paused, quirking a brow.

"Yes." Na'taya took a deep breath, her face a light pink from laughter, "Lo'ak will always find me."

A fond smile came across Lo'ak's face as he glanced up, locking eyes with Kiri who was staring with adoration.

"You're too cute, Kid. Too cute." Lo'ak blew a raspberry into her cheek before placing her down onto the ground, making sure she stood before letting go of her.