05

CHAPTER FIVE: We're All Going To Be Okay.

The atmosphere had grown tense, with each of the siblings being on high alert.

As the rain continued to pour down aggressively, Na'taya felt herself shiver, not used to being out in the cold for such a long period of time.

Na'taya felt as tears flooded her eyes. Squeezing her eyes shut, she refused to let them fall. However, the four year old was so emotionally drained she couldn't help as she released a quiet sob. She glanced up at Tuk — blinking harshly as the rain fell onto her face — to find that Tuk was already looking down at her.

Despite only being seven herself, Tuk found herself whispering a comforting, "You're okay, 'Taya."

"Shut up, you two!" The Avatar holding them hissed, tightening the hold they on the girl's necks.

Na'taya let out a yelp, the sudden pain scaring her. From beside her, Tuk squeezed Na'taya's hand. A silent 'You're okay' being left unsaid.

Out of nowhere, the Avatar holding Kiri and Spider got shot down with an arrow that flew swiftly through the forest trees.

Immediately, the Avatars were ready to fight. They drew out their guns and started to shoot in the general direction of where the arrow came from.

From afar, Neytiri yelled an urgent, "Lo'ak!"

Lo'ak got the message, and pulled on a smoke bomb that was attached to one of the Avatar's suits. He grabbed onto the arm of the Avatar and bit down, he growled, using all of his strength.

Tuk seeing this let out a yell, "Bite, Na'taya!" She let go of Na'taya's hand and gripped harshly onto the Avatar's arm.

Na'taya bit down with all her might, and although it wasn't much, with the help of Tuk they were able to escape the Avatar's grip.

"Come, 'Taya!" Tuk yelled, grabbing onto Na'taya's hand — the non injured one — once again and running towards Lo'ak.

With their hands tied up, it made running difficult.

"Lo'ak!" Tuk shouted, running towards Lo'ak with her grip firmly on Na'taya.

"Tuk, come on. Go, go, go! Give me 'Taya's hand!" Lo'ak swiftly took a hold of Na'taya's hand and gravely urged Tuk forward as they ran away from the line of fire.

The three ran like their life depended on it. Which in all fairness, it did.

Na'taya, still holding onto Lo'ak, was having a hard time keeping up with her siblings.

"Lo'ak!" Na'taya choked up.

Lo'ak glanced back and gave a sympathetic look. "I know, 'Taya. I'm so sorry, we're almost there. Keep going!"

They continued to run through the forest, jumping over logs and dodging branches. When all of a sudden, Jake and Neteyam jumped down in front of them.

They all let out a startled gasp.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You hurt?" He directed to Lo'ak, searching his body for injuries.