7.Darjetii (Sith)

"The chain codes are en route...with Omega." Tech chimed into the comm, exchanging vaguely worried expressions with Malaina and Echo. Hunter was not going to react to this well.

As expected, the Sergeant commed back with a faint growl. "By herself? You let her go by herself?!"

"Is Omega the only person he talks nicely to?" Malaina questioned, genuinely curious. She rested a hand on the back of Tech's chair, watching Echo's shoulders shake slightly. He was laughing.

"Well, we didn't let her go." Tech shrugged, shaking his head softly. "She ran off on her own."

"If anything happens to her-"

"Would you like for me to send Malaina after her?" Tech questioned, glancing up over his shoulder at the Inquisitor. He has a small smirk on his lips.

"No." The answer was instant, which made Malaina tilt her head back and laugh.

A few minutes later Echo went out to work on detaching the clamp from the leg of the Marauder so that Clone Force 99 can fly out of here.

Malaina sat in the cockpit with Tech, eyes focused on the lit up buttons on the dash. Her new plan was to wait until Hunter got here so she knows for sure it's okay for her to leave.

Tech approached her and wordlessly handed his datapad out to her.

Malaina frowned and reluctantly took the device, looking at the collage of images displayed. Mountainous terrain, evergreen forests, frozen lakes. The ground was covered in snow.

Malaina's head whipped up to Tech, eyes widening. "Where is this?" She asked, the terrain looking exactly like what has appeared in her dreams.

"I estimate that you are from Krownest, a terrestrial planet blanketed in ice and snow in the Mandalore sector of the Outer Rim territory." Tech explained, lifting a hand to scratch the back of his neck before awkwardly lowering himself back into his seat.

Malaina looked back down at the images, brows knitting together. "That would explain the Mando'a and how I feel about snow." She nodded, handing the datapad back to Tech. "It does look familiar."

Krownest was her home? Did she still have family there?

She scanned the man sitting across from her. "Why..." She trailed off, leaving her mouth slightly parted as she fidgeted with her fingers in her lap. "Why haven't you given me weird looks or just shown any hatred or mistrust for me?"

Tech set his datapad on his lap, eyes widening while he adjusted his goggles with two fingers. "You have not done anything to make me hate you."

Malaina lowered her head, eyes flickering across the ground. She didn't think anyone needed a reason to hate her. Maybe being a darjetii was enough. "Hmm." Is all she said in response. Malaina felt Tech's eyes on her, and they remained there for a few minutes.

But Echo had been working on the clamp for a lot longer than it should take to remove it, and Tech started to question his efficiency. "What is taking so long with the boot? Are you trying to get caught?"

"I'm doing my best. You wanna come out here and give it a try?" Echo retorted with a hiss.

    "Tech, where is Omega?" Hunter questioned, sounding both worried and impatient.

    Tech looked back out the windshield, his shoulders raising slightly. She was out of sight. "I...do not know." He replied slowly, turning to Malaina. Their eyes met, sharing their silent panic about the missing kid.

    The comm was silent for a few seconds and then Hunter reluctantly requests, "Send Fifth Sister after her."

    Malaina raised her eyebrows in shock.