30.Cyar'ika (Darling)

"Are you sure your parlor's safe?" Omega asked the next morning. Cid had spent the night onboard the Marauder, waiting for the Pykes and Roland to clear out. And no, she was not a very pleasant person to be confined within such a small space for almost 12 hours.

"Bolo and Ketch said the Pykes already came for Roland." Cid confirmed, leading the Bad Batch back through the streets of Ord Mantell. "I told you they don't take kindly to unpaid debts."

The Bad Batch followed Cid inside of the parlor, pausing for a few seconds to look around at all the unconscious bodies. The whole room was trashed.

"See? My plan worked like a charm." Cid said, walking further into the room. Malaina and the others follow hesitantly behind her. "Even better than expected."

"I'm not so sure about that." Malaina chimed, glancing at the hall, where shadows of people were casted onto the wall. Roland was pushed out by members of the syndicate.

"That's her. She's the one you want." Roland snitches, pointing at Cid.

One of the Pykes walked past Roland, stepping towards Cid. "It has come to my attention that you have stolen our shipment of spice. Return it to us, and we will consider this issue resolved."

Cid shook her head, choosing to play dumb. "Not sure what he's telling you, but we don't have any spice." She denied.

"Kill them all." The Pyke ordered his henchmen.

Malaina pulled out her vibroblade, but was immediately stopped by Hunter. He stepped forward, moving in front of Omega to shield her. "Wait. We don't have the spice on us, but we know where it is."

"My patience is wearing very thin." The Pyke warned. "If you know where the spice is, then you should have no problem retrieving it. Until you do, the woman and child stay here."

Hunter, Tech, Echo, and Wrecker pull out their blasters and point them at the Pykes. Malaina pulled Omega closer to her, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze.

"Not happening." Hunter says sternly.

"You misunderstand. This is not a negotiation." The Pyke shook his head.

Malaina chewed on the inside of her cheek, thinking it over. If something were to go wrong, she would have no trouble eliminating the entire room in order to protect Omega. If staying behind while the guys retrieve the spice was their only option, Malaina would do it.

But did Hunter trust Malaina enough to leave Omega with her?

Cid held up a finger. "If I may..." She requests, turning to the squad and speaking in a quieter voice. "You all don't realize who you're dealing with. If you don't lower your blasters, we're all gonna wish we were dead. Let me handle this."

The two girls were left behind.

Malaina was sitting between Omega and Roland on the floor of the parlor, each of them wearing handcuffs. The Pykes were quiet, moving slowly around the room while waiting for the guys and Cid to return with the spice.

Malaina had caught Omega repeatedly glancing at the blaster sitting on the table closest to them. When the blonde did it again, Malaina whispered, "Don't do it."

Omega's shoulders deflated and she relaxed against the wall.

Malaina lasted about ten minutes before she got bored with just sitting on the floor and staring at the wall. She glanced over at the entrance to the parlor, a small smirk spreading across her face. Malaina subtly swiped two fingers through the air, using the Force to make the door slide shut.

The Pykes turned to the door, hands hovering over their weapons. Noticing the absence, they looked at each other in confusion.

When they went back to their quiet conversation, Malaina telepathically opened the door back up. This time the Pykes actually pulled out their blasters, hoping to catch whoever was messing with the entrance.