16.Eyayah (Echo)

Fun fact this story was originally going to be called Can't Help Falling In Love, but after the S2 finale that title was immediately scrapped. Tech ain't falling nowhere!

"Malaina, a little help!" Echo shouts from the floor of the factory.

Malaina groans, throwing her head back while her arms dangle at her sides. "Hang on, I lost a shoe!" She shouted back, jumping across the lava pit and onto the bridge. She located her shoe underneath the police droid's body.

She quickly put it back on, then went over to the second droid and ripped her vibroblade from its head.

Glancing over at Wrecker, who was about to jump across the pit, she gave him a look, silently asking if he was doing alright. The large clone gave a thumbs up, and that's all she needed to take off.

And the chaos never stops.

The next thing Malaina knows, she's jumping down onto a moving conveyor belt to rescue Omega, whose foot was trapped underneath a heavy battle droid. To make it worse, the blonde was about fifteen feet from falling into the lava pit that was stocked up with droids that were in the process of melting.

Malaina jumped over the scattered droid parts, stumbling a few times when the tips of her toes got caught, but she had just about made it to the blonde clone.

One of the women caught up to Malaina, sticking her food out underneath her. Malaina shouted in shock, falling onto her elbows with a huff. Hunter then ran past her, shouting after the blonde.

"Hunter!" Omega shouted desperately, approaching the end of the conveyor. The unknown woman stole the droid head from Hunter and took off, but the Sergeant was focused on trying to save Omega.

The blonde screamed as she fell off the edge of the conveyor. Panic flooded through Malaina's veins and she stuck a hand out, using the Force to hold Omega in the middle of the air. "I got you, Omega." She said through clenched teeth, unsure where to go from here. Now what?

A police droid landed a shot just between Malaina's parted feet, destroying the rolling track beneath her.

Her hold on Omega dissipated and she found herself falling into the pit of lava, not yet making contact with the substance due to the large amount of droids blocking up the hole.

This is not ideal.

"Get to the edge!" Malaina shouted, pointing to one of the women that surprisingly stopped to help. She was holding out a hand for Omega to take.

"Over here! Hurry!" The woman shouted to the two stuck in the pit. Malaina stayed behind Omega, making sure she didn't slip past the top layer of droids they were crawling across.

Omega reached the edge, trying to jump up and reach the woman's hand, but she couldn't quite do it. When the blonde hopelessly jumped up again, Malaina held out a hand and used the Force to make her go a little higher.

Hunter dropped to his knees beside the woman and pulled Omega up, and together those two adults each grabbed one of Malaina's hands and pulled her up out of the pit seconds before the lava rose and began melting the droids.

"You guys alright?" Hunter asked, looking between Malaina and Omega. The Inquisitor nodded, dropping her head and taking a deep breath.

"Yeah." Omega confirmed, panting from her adrenaline rush.

Hunter slowly turned his head to the woman in the yellow and gray jumpsuit. "Thank you." He said gratefully.

"You're welcome." The woman nodded.