31) NALINI~ his birthday present

5 weeks Later,

It was 4 am, Kabir was getting dressed way too early. I was just laying in the sheets, staring at him, wearing his t-shirt and nothing else.
I couldn't take my eyes off of that button hanging from Kabir's shirt. He was scowling early in the morning, since he was getting late for his business trip. This side of Kabir was so typical for a husband. I just smiled since it was adorable.
He was annoyed and hadn't said a word to me since morning. I wasn't the one responsible for him being late, he was the one who chose to play with fire last night and the burn were inevitable.

"Kabir." I called his name and he turned his head towards me, buttoning up his shirt. I walked towards him and interfered my fingers between his moves. He looked away as I buttoned the shirt up for him. I pushed myself on my toes as I plucked the thread of his collar button with my teeth. I inhaled his scent as my nose brushed his neck. He let out a low growl. "Fuck's sake."

I smirked as pulled off the button off his shirt. He just stared at me in stark disbelief. I picked up his tie and quickly wrapped it around his neck. He put his hand over my shoulders as he started buttoning his cuffs. This little things with Kabir made my day. We had been good with each over the last couple weeks. Arguments were inevitable but I wasn't holding myself back no more from being in love with him.

I pushed his tie against his neck and smiled proudly. "No one will notice the broken button anymore." I said. He looked at the mirror and back at me.
"Thank-you." He said with a straight face. It was funny how childish Kabir acted at times. He was pissed at me and it showed in his eyes, on his face. I didn't know what to make of it. I sighed, shaking my head gently.

I stepped away from him and was about to leave but he stopped me. I turned my head towards him, still amused. He pushed his lips on mine shortly. "Thank-you." He repeated but with a smile this time. I chuckled.
I breathed a deep breath. "When will you be back?"

"Next week, on the 27th. I will be here by night." He said staring at me with that look. That look which made me nervous. He was staring into my soul. He was noticing every tiny detail on my face and inside me. That one look that made my pulse rise, my body heat up.

"Come early, let's celebrate your birthday together." I requested with puppy eyes. "We have been debating all week long Nalini. I do not celebrate my birthday. I have not done it since I was 15, I won't do it now." He whispered and then kissed me again, this time it was a painful kiss, as if he was trying to hold himself back from something. As if he was hiding something.

I nodded gently. "We will see." I smiled and he did too. "Stubborn as fuck Nalini." He commented. I shrugged. "Be back soon." I added.

"Why? You're going to miss me?" He teased as I made my way back to the bed. I ignored his statement. I wasn't too sure if he was wrong. I pulled sheets over me as I stared at him tucking in his shirt smoothly before he picked up his coat and put it on so elegantly. He did his whole routine and I loved watching him getting dressed just like that.

After he was done, he walked towards me and kissed my head. ONCE AGAIN. Oh god he was going to make me miss him now. "I won't take calls, leave a text." He said.
"Why?" I frowned.
"If I hear your voice, I doubt I will have to fly back immediately. Your voice will make me want to come home and shut you up with a kiss." He said and my heart tripped.

"Stop flirting with me." I smiled, failing to hold it back. He smiled at me one last time. This time it was a full grin.
I love you. I almost said it out loud. I averted my eyes from the door as he closed it and left. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest. I wanted to say it out loud. I was in love, with Kabir Shekhawat and it wasn't easy for me to accept. I inhaled a sharp breath.