The tears you can't see

A.N.: this is fluff bc I wanted to write something a little more fun, without having to intertwine mystery, and the story into it. Enjoy!

Trinity pov
After hauling Jamie back to his wing, stumbling and talking about the most random stuff, I headed back to my own wing. My plan was to binge some crappy show, eat some chocolate swirled gelato and pizza and dump too much vodka into the cans of coke zero in my minifridge.

Sadly, these plans were interrupted by Libby, blue hair in ponytail.

"Hi Trina!" she exclaims, "where are you going?"

To my pity party I deadpan in my head. Out loud I respond, "Just to my room. I have... things to do." I think I replied a little too fast because Libby raises an eyebrow.

"Okay... do you mind if I tag along? I've been exploring little, but I would love to see your wing."  she questions, her face full of hope and excitement, eyes shining.

I can't say no, for a multitude of reasons. Instead I plaster on a fake smile and reply, "I'll lead the way."
When we get to the wall and I push the button on the picture frame Libby gasps audibly.

"That is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen!" she exclaims.

I take her to what I like to call "the activity floor" this consists of my dance studio, fencing room, and music room (for harp)  The next floor or "brainy floor" consists of my hacking cave, study, and library. When we reached the third floor, we stepped into my room, as the lift was in the center.

Soft, carpeted floors, juxtaposed  with clean marble and gold-dipped glass. Walls that could fold around certain parts of it. Windows all along the large, circular outer wall, giving magnificent views of the estate- the hedges aglow with tiny lights.
An enormous, grand bed. Touch screens and TV's embedded into every surface. A  giant cream satin tufted sofa. Three hidden mini fridges and a two story closet that was hidden from view.

(A

(A.N.: I know these are all different rooms/things so use them to piece something together in your mind :)

Libby looked at everything, from my rolling book ladders to bedspread, from my swords to desk, making comments and observations.

"Wow, you did that?"

"That's so cool!"

"No way!"

"You have a library. In your wing!?"

"Could I hold that?"

I couldn't help but beam with pride. It had been a while since anyone had given me compliments so true and genuine. Never mind the fact it was near one am.
What was she doing up at one anyway? I decided to let it slide. I had no idea what she went through since her sister inherited billions, and I was in no position to judge.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" I ask politely

"Uhhum, do you have any root beer?" she asks tentatively.

I went to the soda fridge and looked for root beer. I found the last bottle of A&W buried in the back and handed it to her. While she gushed her thanks, I popped open a bottle of Coke zero (all of my soda is in glass bottles-don't ask) and tried to subtly pour three small bottles of vodka into it.

"Hey, hey, hey what are you doing?" Libby asked, her voice laced with concern.

I smiled innocently, "Getting a coke zero"

Libby once again raised an eyebrow. "Really?" My hands slid to the hidden trash can.

"Yes, it's my favorite." My fingers pushed the slot open. One, two...

"If you say so, I guess" Three little bottles of vodka in the bin.

"Anyway, would you like anything to eat?" I asked, taking a swing of my vodka-infused coke. God, that's strong.

"Not really" she replies, her voice sounding dull and tired.

I sit down on the sofa next to her. Unable to stop myself I blurt out,"What's it like? Being her sister?"

Libby takes a deep breath, and her expression becomes pained, like she doesn't want to say how she truly feels.

"Hey, it's okay," I pause, "I have no clue how you feel, what you must be going through. You can tell me, no judgment."

"It's been... really hard." Her shoulders quivered, "Random people messaging me, a feeling that I'll never be safe again, and a sort of hate."

Hate? Libby didn't seem like the jealous type. So who - and what was she mad at?

"It's just - I can't hate Avery, but I kinda do. The fact that she pulled me into all this and I don't have any power over it. I have had to uproot my entire life, while my sister becomes a billionaire."

I hand her a box of chocolate (I keep multiple everywhere because-chocolate is THE BEST). She stuffs two into her mouth as her tears roll down her cheeks, smudging her heavy eyeliner.

"A-and I-I know that i-it's not her fault a-and s-she m-m-must not love it e-either, b-but I c-can't help i-it."

She looks down and takes another chocolate,tears dripping into her lap.

"I-I," she takes a deep breath, "Idon'twanttohateher butIdoandit'snotherfaultandIreallydon'twanttohate herbutIcan'thelpitandfeelsuperbadaboutit." Libby takes a deep breath, recovering from saying all of those words in one breath.

"Would spending money make you feel better?"

Libby looks up, a tiny smile forming on her face.

"You need retail therapy." I remark, already pulling my laptop out.

Too many clicks of the "buy" button, pints of gelato, laughs, and bad chick flicks later we pass out on my couch... I think?

When I wake up it's noon and my head hurts like HELL. I need to get out of the black body con dress I wore under my coat yesterday.

Stumbling to my closet, I stop at the bathroom and swallow four Advil. The bottle says two. Pocketing the bottle to give to Libby later, I head to my closet and pick out a ruched black dress, tying an oversized satin black dress shirt over it (outfit 12) since I have a feeling the day might be longer, I pull on combat boots.

Libby is sleeping peacefully on the couch and I hate to wake her, but I also don't want to leave her in my room. So, I settle for gently nudging her.

"Wazza tim?" she mumbles.

"Twelve thirty-four." I reply.

"WHAT?!" she bolts up and looks around frantically.

"This is not good."

"No sh!t." I mutter.

"I have to get changed, get back to my room, and eat
something."

"Okay, first of all, calm down. Second of all, I know a passage that leads back to you and your sister's wing. Third of all, you can borrow some of my clothes if you really need, and finally, there is always food in the kitchen." I say, while placing two Advil on the table.

Libby looks down at them, "Do you have more of these?"
A.N.: Their purchases will be revealed in the next chapter...😉
Also, I'll get back to the "real" story soon, in case you are wondering.
Do we like this Trinity-Libby bond?
Add this story to your library to get notifications when I update! (I may have mentioned this, but I will try and update on Fridays and maybe on the weekends if I have time)
<3!