Late night conversations

A/N
Sorry for not updating in weeks. Unfortunately my cat has died and I was really struggling with it. Thank you for being patient and I shall be uploading weekly from now on.
Hope you enjoy. :)

Later that night, (around midnight) Hermione, Ron and Harry were sitting in the common room. Casually, Ron and Harry were slouched in the sofa talking about stuff.

A few hours ago, Harry had returned from another detention with Umbridge meaning his his hand was sore. Every so often, he would wince as he would accidentally touch the words in his hand.

Meanwhile Hermione was reading a large brown book with silver studs along the spine. The title was carved into the leather in Latin. She was extremely engrossed in the book and practically had her nose in it. Neither of them had realised how late it was.

"Huh," Hermione sighed quietly, barely catching either of the boy's attention.

"I'm not sure when tryouts are but-" Harry said to Ron but was interrupted by Hermione.

"- Um guys I think I found something," She looked up at them over the top of the book with a concerned face.

"What is it?" Ron asked followed by a yawn.

"Here, i'll read it," Hermione replied placing the book in her lap and began to read. "One of the most well known pure blood family is the Black bloodline. It's one of the oldest, dating back to the late 13th century. Known for being the wealthiest wizarding family in Britain. Many of the other famous pureblood families are related to this particular bloodline such as the Lestranges and the Malfoys." Hermione glanced up to the boys who had a confused look on their faces. She flicked the page and stood up with the book in her hands.

"Look at this," She sat down in between them at pointed to the page. "It's the Black family tree. It continues for a while but this is the most recent page. See there is Sirius-"

"Hermione, what has this gotta do with anything?" Harry asked impatiently.

"If you would let me finish then I will explain," Hermione snapped at him causing Ron to laugh to himself. "Anyway in the corner you can see Sirius's cousins. Their mother was Sirius's Mother's sister Druella Black. She had four daughters: Bellatrix the oldest, Andromeda, Narcissa (Malfoy's mom) and Cassiopeia the youngest." She pointed at them individually. "Now look at Bellatrix. Who does she look a lot like?"

A look of horror washed across Harry's face as he looked at the image. The hair, the eyes they all matched but how?

"She looks like The Emerald Witch!" Harry muttered in disbelief.

"Oh yeah she does," Ron agreed staring at the image closely. "But why?" He questioned.

"That I'm not sure about. But I was thinking the next time we see Sirius I could ask him about it. Maybe there is a family member that he forgot about," Hermione explained closing the heavy book and placing it on the floor.

"I think we all need to be careful around her because she may be a spy for Voldemort- Ron stop flinching- or worse," She told them to which Ron agreed. Harry, however, didn't.

"Actually, I've spoken to her about stuff a few nights ago. She doesn't seem to be a bad person just a bit withdrawn that's all," Harry defended her as he didn't believe what they were saying. They couldn't be right. Emerald
was quite kind to him after his detention and to that first year. It just didn't add up.

"Still, be careful what you say around her. You never know." After that, it turned to silence. They all just sat looking into the fire when Harry's hand played up again.