◇4◇

1965 ◇ The Micheals' house

Gracie woke up with a groan when she heard the sound of her alarm ringing. She leaned over to turn it off, but it kept ringing. "Ugh, shut up," she mumbled before taking the batteries out of the back of it.

The woman sat up in bed and yawned, before sluggishly trudging over to her wardrobe and picked out her outfit for the day:

She had dressed a little more greaserish during high school, never being seen without her dad's old leather jacket on, but she had started to wear more professional-looking clothes after the salon opened

She had dressed a little more greaserish during high school, never being seen without her dad's old leather jacket on, but she had started to wear more professional-looking clothes after the salon opened. She wanted to be respected. On her days off, however, she was inclined to slip back into her usual greaser-y fashion sence.

After she finished her makeup, Gracie made her way into the bathroom where she brushed her teeth, before going downstairs where she was greeted by-
No one. Only the ticking of the clock hanging on the living room wall.

The house always seemed silent, like a library. Well, it hasn't always seemed that way... just since the accident.

8 months ago

It was a Sunday Evening and Gracie was staying over at the Curtis house. Her parents had gone on one of their little weekend getaways with Mr and Mrs. Curtis to the countryside. They did this once every few months after they had saved up enough money for it. It was nothing fancy, but both of the mothers were always so excited in the weeks leading up to it.

Whenever they were gone, Gracie always found herself staying next door with Darry, Soda and Pony; as she always seemed to get anxious in an empty house at night. Every time a branch tapped against the window, she bolted out of bed. Ready to grab her navy-handled switchblade, that Two had stolen for her, out of her bed-side locker.

This night was seemed to be the same as all the ones before. The parents said that they would be home by 10pm and it was currently 8. The whole gang was packed in the Curtis' living room, watching whatever movie was showing on the television. Tonight it was 'The Searchers' and all of the boy's eyes were glued to the screen like a fly to a fly-trap. Especially Johnny, who loved western films more than anyone.