Chapter Forty-Nine

[REAL LIFE]

"I can't believe that you're the passenger princess in our relationship," Clara rolls her eyes, risking a glance at George as she pulls into the parking lot.

"Gogy is always a princess, he's Gogy." Tommy is bouncing in the back seat excitedly.

They're on their way to Bewl Water Aqua Park. Tommy's dad drove him down to London, and then from there, Clara drove them for an hour and a half to the park, where they'll meet Wilbur. Wilbur went separately as Brighton is close to the park, and completely out of the way from the other locations.

"So true." Clara nods, finding a parking spot.

Russ is in the back with Tommy. He tags along to all the vlog work they do, but for this one he wouldn't even be donning a wetsuit, choosing instead to record from the dock.

This one's bit is that Wilbur has been 'misinformed' that they're going to a restaurant, and he's shown up in a suit to the aqua park. Wilbur was on board with it, as he thought it'd be comedic and maybe even be a little fun. Clara is just excited to see him all spiffy in a suit.

"Alright, kids." Clara pulls the key out, and grabs her tote bag, heading out of the car.

Today's all cloudy at the moment, and it's even a bit chilly, so Clara is donning long pants despite it being the start of June. She also assumed she'd want to be all comfortable after spending the day pruning up in a lake, so she's adorned in grey sweats and a graphic tee, hot pink bikini under her clothes. Her hair is pulled evenly in French braids that she did last night.

The group hops out of the car, immediately preparing to shoot the intro of the video as Wilbur has just messaged that he's here as well. While Tommy speaks his little sentence for the beginning of the video, talking into the handheld GoPro, Clara goes to greet Wilbur, recognizing his car.

"Hey darling," she says, eyes sparkling brightly. "You look spiffy."

"Hi love," he responds, returning the smile she shoots him.

When she leans in to kiss him it only hammers in the fact that it's second nature now, that they don't have to make it some big thing. What was once terrifying and huge is now their norm, and neither of them wants to picture life without the other's lips. It's only a peck but there's warmth in Clara's stomach all the same.

"Hey Wilbur, mate, looking put together." George approaches to say hello, only a few steps behind Clara. The two hug briefly, before Tommy catches up, pouncing on Wilbur.

"Wilburrr, my brutha!" Tommy states, hugging the man excitedly.

"Hi Tommy," Wilbur gives him a hug back, eyes softening.

As soon as the younger boy pulls away, it's as if a switch has flipped, Tommy entering the business mindset.

"Right, so how about we pretend as if you've just arrived? So like get in the car and when you get out we'll like laugh at you for your clothes."

"I can't laugh at him, he looks too good," Clara pouts, crossing her arms.

"I can always laugh at him," Tommy states, deadpan. "Now come on."

So Wilbur gets back into his car, preparing to come out of the back seat for some reason as if the two front seats have been taken. Tommy is holding the camera, pressing record as soon as Wilbur starts exiting.

"Hello, boys! And one girl!" Wilbur says smiling.

Tommy and George can't seem to contain their laughter, Clara adding on weakly though she is still a little too hypnotized by the way he manages to look disheveled and put together at the same time, tie loosely knotted around his neck.