Chapter 5 - Mixed Feelings

tw: bruises, & mentions of self-harm

"What? Are you serious?" I gasped at his comment. He nodded his head while still trying to catch his breath.

"Can I go see him?"

"I'm afraid not, the bell rang so you have to go in the common room. I'll let you know when you can come and visit to see him." he paused for a moment before I turned away completely, he grabbed my arms,

"But y/n, I went there and saw him – well a glimpse of him. I saw that he got bruises almost everywhere." My face turned sad and worried. A part of me wants the better for him, but knowing the fact that he started a rumour of me having sex with him makes me want him to suffer – or is that just the Slytherin in me? I turned around and rushed into my room. I walked back and forth, pacing to help clear my thoughts but somehow it was not helping.

"Oh, Bella where are you?" I bit the tip of my thumb, feeling anxious. All I could want now is her. I need that embrace from her. I went to get a cold shower, again, hoping for it to distract me from the fact that the boy that got into an accident was Alan. After my shower, I walked out to the common room and sit by the fireplace.

"Hey, you're still up?" Eleanor walks in with her mug in her hands.

"Uh, yeah. I can't sleep." I explained. I wrapped myself in the blanket that Narcissa gave me and of course, the blanket that Bella used to wrap me with when I was at Malfoy Manor. I thought if I can't have her embrace, at least I have this blanket to help me calm down.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Well, yes. You know, about the accident, the boy was Alan. Draco told me. So, I'm worried for him." I sighed as I told her, she sat down next to me, offering a sip of her chocolate drink.

"No thanks. I'm all good." I smiled as my hands softly rejects the drink.

"You know, I get why you're feeling like this. I mean, if that happened to my Blaise, I would be sad and worried too." She tried to comfort me, but hearing her say that made me scoot back.

"He's not my boyfriend." I denied it strongly.

"Really? I mean, I thought you guys are, because he said so. That you two are in a relationship now," she said. My jaws dropped again.

"What the hell, does everybody thinks that? That I am in a relationship with him?" she nodded her head. Apparently, Alan has told that to most of the students who are in the same grade as us – which makes me mad even more.

"We are not in a relationship. We're just friends, and nothing more. And you, out of all people believed in that?"

"I didn't believe in it at first, but I thought it was true when it became a story. I'm sorry, I should've told you and asked you if it's real or not." She felt sorry, and again, she offered her drink which I refused once again.

"It's fine, I guess. I'm just annoyed with the fact that he would do such things. And the fact that my friends believed in his lies. He told this after the dance, did he?" I sighed.

"Actually, before that. I heard that he said, you two have been secretly going out together, and the dance was supposedly going to be the moment for it to come out in the open," she raised her shoulders, as the rumours just keep on adding up, my sympathy for him is dissipating.

"Well, honestly, I remember that there were times when you were so happy and just so joyful. I thought it was because of that. Plus, you have been so secretive about your love life," She claims as she sips her drink. I subtly rolled my eyes at her. But I couldn't be so angry at her, because she's basically one of my closest friends in Slytherin.