chapter 20

Astolpho was in his office completing his royal duties. Suddenly a memory came across his mind..

He could remember the way in which Ishley was being bashful after his comment, he can still see the tinge of red flush against his cheeks as he tries to swallow the embarrassment. He can remember the two weeks in which they watched over their son together. The little critter was noisy and needy but he is ever so lovely, Astolpho has been finding himself looking for these hardly sleep full nights and the lovely morning of waking up to see Ishley and Leslie next him. 

Astolpho rests his chin on his hand smiling as he chuckles at the memories. Charmin clears his throat.

"Why don't you take a break, your majesty?" Charmin asks.

"Hm?" Astolpho looks at him.

"I think you should take an early break today, spends some time with his majesty and his highness" Charmin said, "before you never seem interested in spending time with your mate now it's difficult, his highness really changed you both for the better" 

Astolpho draws his chair back moving from out the chair then walks around touching Charmin's shoulder. "It wasn't the baby that changed our relationship" Astolpho corrects him as he walks to the door.

"Then what?" 

Astolpho smiles, "who knows" he answers vaguely as he walks through the door and closes it leaving Charmin confused.

Enrique is in the nursery sitting in the chair with knees up and the baby rests across giggling, he is playing with him. He chuckles seeing the baby chuckles. Enrique can't help but think his baby is growing too fast. He is already three months old and it won't be long until he eats baby food, then grows teeth. 

"Bubu… Agu" 

"Aww! I love you too," 

The baby smiles as his little arms stretch for Enrique, swaying his tiny arms about, Enrique puts his face between the tiny arms rubbing nose as his tiny arms hold Enrique's face. 

"Hehehe" 

Leslie pauses, he too starts to giggle showing his pink gums both mother and son start to laugh for no reason until Leslie starts to tap Enrique's face. Enrique pulls back holding his arms then smiles.

"What song shall I sing… hmm. Ah! I've learn this song from a giant cockroach and a lady" 

Leslie was ready to smile again but paused for a moment, his eyes staring at his mother blankly. 

(Leslie: 👁👄👁)

Enrique licks his lips. 

"She's resplendent, so confident

La Seine, La Seine, La Seine

I realise, I'm hypnotised

La Seine, La Seine, La Seine

I hear the moon singing a tune

La Seine, La Seine, La Seine

Is she divine, Is it the wine

La Seine, La Seine, La Seine…"

Astolpho who was near the doors of the nursery smiles hearing the song, he quietly opens the door seeing Enrique sitting in the chair barefoot with baby in his lap. He looks around at the maids who quietly bow, he is thinking of bringing a piano in this room.

He didn't know what song Enrique is singing but it sounds quite lovely. Soon Leslie turns his head upon smelling his father and chuckles, Enrique turns and smiles as well. 

Astolpho walks over, Enrique gets up and puts on the bed slippers. He can't bother to dress everyday he has to dress up and decorate himself like a Christmas tree, he's literally in his own house and it's not a special occasion.

Enrique passes the baby to Astolpho, Leslie smiles looking up at his father with bright eyes and facing up as if waiting.

"Good afternoon, Leslie, Queen" 

Enrique smiles, "good afternoon, your back early" 

"Yes, I took an early–"

Before he could finish his sentence he receives a slap on his mouth from Leslie, he looks down at the little pouty face.

"What?" 

"Buu!…" 

Astolpho looks at Enrique as if asking for answers. Enrique looks at the baby, who is looking at his father as if has been wronged by him. 

"Que–" 

Again the little one slapped him on the lip, this time he didn't stop, soon the baby was on the verge of tears. 

Enrique, who was thinking, then snaps his fingers. "Ah!" 

"What?" Astolpho was in a panic he could already see the volcano preparing to erupt. 

"Where are his kisses?" 

"What?!" 

"He needs his papa's greeting kisses" 

Astolpho was at loss for words, but looking at the tearful eyes he went and kissed the soft baby cheek. Leslie chuckles, Astolpho is amazed then he lifts him over his head then looks at him.

"You are a very bold baby, daring to hit a king" 

Leslie tilts head. 

"I'm very proud," he said, dropping him back into his arms, and tickling his tummy, causing the baby to laugh.

Enrique smiles, and wonders if he could have children in his past life…

Would it have been like this?