chapter 41

Uther finally reaches the palace, he is walking through the halls where he sees Uther with some books. He was about to say hi but paused, it's for the best he didn't. 

Smelling an unpleasant pheromone, actually two alphas pheromones, one he is familiar with and the other. He turns to see Uther with his head drooping down he hurries over in a panic dropping the books and gently holding his hands. "Why do you smell like that? What did they do to you? Nevermind let's get you cleaned up and we report it" 

He was ready to draw him when Uther clenched his hand, "I wasn't violated" 

Charmin pauses, "then why do you smell like that?" 

"Well… um…" 

"Did you know according to the king, to leave your pheromones on another person with them knowing or their permission is a violation right?" 

"That… doesn't make sense," Uther whispers. "Does his majesty hate alphas?" 

"I'm not sure he doesn't like them, despite being one himself. A very confusing man" 

Uther smiles but then nods, "we'll it's late I should."

"Do you want me to escort you?" 

"Huh?" 

"Well, you don't look so well and to avoid any unnecessary trouble with others…" 

'He probably wants to do it, why else would he stay around. Well at least a little comfort for the night' 

"Okay" 

Charmin could sense something was off, he looked down at him. Now that he thinks about it Uther was Quite short he puts his hand over his hand making the omega confused. 

"What are you don't?" 

"You're very short, have you been eating well?" 

"I eat quite alright I'm just naturally short" 

"Is that so? Well eat more you are so thin and short" 

Uther blinks twice, he then chuckles. "You're advising a royal doctor on proper daily practice, your quite strange royal secretary Charmin" 

"Well, you can lecture me some time as well" 

Uther smiles, soon they arrive at his room. Charmin nods. "Well this is where we part ways, goo–" 

"You're not gonna ask to stay?" 

Uther covers his mouth as the question slips, Charmin looks at Uther. He could see that he was embarrassed but then again it seems it was something he was quite used to. 

"No, I really just wanted to escort you. Nothing else plus… the pheromones left on your body is quite uncomfortable" Charmin said

Uther rubes the back of his neck, right. He didn't want to be alone but he jumped to conclusions. Remembering Duke Britley's words he can't help but think that Charmin wouldn't want to be around and alone with an omega who's been run through anyway.

"... right, I guess" 

Uther sees his hesitation, then thinks. "But if you'd like I can go freshen up and have a sleepover" 

Uther smiles softly, "oh, you can freshen up here" He offers.

"Umm… clothes" 

"Oh, I have them. Don't worry."

The idea of wearing another person's clothes doesn't sit right with him but seeing the enthusiasm in Uther's eyes he nods.

Entering the room, a maid who was passing by saw then covered her mouth. 

"Oh! Before you bathe I shall bathe first… um I don't want you to feel uncomfortable any longer" 

Charmin nods, ready to look around for something to do in the meantime but froze when he saw Uther removing his clothes. 

"What are you doing?" 

"I can't possibly bathe in clothes can I?" 

"You're an omega, I'm an alpha. Shouldn't that make you uncomfortable" 

"I'm sure you've seen a male's body before, besides the only difference is the absence of testicles and size," Uther informs.

"I know, I've see— what I mean is… well" 

"Okay, I see I'll have some privacy" 

As Uther was about to turn away, Charmin noticed the large black bruise around his arm then stopped him.

"Wait! Your arm" 

He walks up to him looking worried at the ugly thing, "it seems I need to get something stronger than this useless crystal pendant" he grits not liking what happened.

"No! It's fine, I didn't use it." Uther informs.

"Why? Were you scared?" Charmin asks gently. "It's okay to be" 

"Well, not exactly. But there wasn't a reason to" Uther said.

"I think your arm would disagree with your statement" Charmin said.

"No, I'm being honest. He was just worried because I didn't try to protect myself" 

"..." 

There was an awkward silence between the two seeing that Uther is uncomfortable on the topic. Charmin let's it go… just this once. 

"Well, clean up then we clean this ugly thing understand?" 

"Yes, yes" Uther smiles.

After each took their turn to wash up, it was time for bed. Charmin looks at Uther and smile at the cute doctor who looks quite lovely in his white nightgown. 

"Well where are the sheets" 

"No worries about that" Uther smiles.

Uther pats on one side of him, Charmin feels awkward. "We… um… okay" 

Charmin lays down nervous as Uther puts the sheet on him sleeping, "good night and may the mother Goddess Hysteria bless you with sweet dreams and hopeful wishes". Uther said in a small prayer

Charmin turns facing Uther with a gentle smile. 

"Good night and may the mother Goddess  Hysteria bless you with, prosperity, happiness and safe future"  

"Love and blessings to the mother of us all, to her Goddess Hysteria" both prays in unison.

It wasn't long before Uther snuggles up closer hugging Charmin with eyes close, there was a cute smile on his face. "I like the smell of your pheromones. It's quite comforting, so just for today. That's all" 

Charmin could see a small string of tear run from Uther's eye. Charmin hugs him releasing a little more pheromone to comfort him then smells the top of Uther's head.

"Apples" 

A/n

What's your take on Uther?

I like to hear your opinions please