aftermath

We have finally ended the arc! So read and enjoy

Haku woke up on the ground of the arena with a medic at his side. "Where am...I?" Haku groaned out as his lungs felt like they were about to pop. "Shh. You have to rest. You exhausted all of your charka." said the medic. "Where am I?" asked Haku again. "I told you to rest but we are at the arena ground." answered the medic. "Where is Zabuz-," said Haku before he fell back asleep. "I'm right here kid," said Zabuza from behind Haku. "You did well in your fight with the first hokage. You brough my teachings real honor. Now rest up kiddo." When Zabuza finished you could see a faint smile on Haku face.

XXX

Naruto yawned as he woke up with Kiba, Choji, Shino, Shikamaru sitting by him. "Good you're finally awake," said Shino as Naruto started to get up. "Yeah, uh where am I though?" asked Naruto as he looked around. "We're at the arena floor." said Choji eating some chips. "Choji stop already there might already be a food shortage." warned Shikamaru. "A... a a food shortage. No that's the worst thing god could do to us. Please God please dear god don't make there be a food shortage," cried Choji getting Kiba to let out a laugh. "Oh, you think that's funny. Do you know want a food shortage. You and your dog will starve," warned Choji. "Wait what. Oh no I got to pray too." said Kiba as he began to pray. "You guys are as dumb as ever. Oh well it's too troublesome to knock some sense into you." said Shikamaru. "Hee hee. Looks like this battle hasn't change you guys at all." laughed Naruto. "Yes, quite sadly indeed. They could be a bit more serious," complained Shino. "Oh, can the two of you shut up and stop making fun of us," growled Kiba. "No," answered Shikamaru bluntly. "Now I see why you guys like this," said Shino with a faint smile on his face. "See aren't they so much fun to be around," said Naruto with a big fat smile on his face. "Yes, yes they are quite fun to be around," said Shino as his smile grew bigger.

XXX

Jiraiya was standing right next to the alter that carried his sensei on. He stood there in silence trying to hide his pain which was not hard to see. And his tears were about to flow a lot more. Inari and Konohamaru had just recovered from their wounds from the battle they had no place in. Asuma had already seen his dead father and shed his tears like the waterfall they were with Jiraiya. Each person that visited his alter all nearly brough Jiraiya to tears. Each one of them talked about him so lovingly even though they didn't really know him. He was so close to just tracking down that snake and killing him for good. But as he looked around seeing the wounded ninja around him and knowing what his sensei would want was the only thing that was stopping him. "Grandpa," yelled Inari and Konohamaru running towards Hiruzen lifeless body. "Pervy sage is...is grandpa really.... really dead?" asked a worried Konohamaru. "Damn you Naruto. You even told them about your nickname for me." thought Jiraiya in anger despite the situation. "Yes, your grandpa is...is... he is...really...dead," cried out Jiraiya in tears. "NNNOOOO. He...He can't be dead.... He said he would live until I became Hokage. No Grandpa come back!" yelled Konohamaru in tears as he ran to his dead grandfather's side. "I'm sorry! You have no idea how sorry I am! How sorry I am to you and my.... my sensei!" said Jiraiya as he let another waterfall of tears fall from him. Inari just stood there frozen in place. He was unable to withstand the fact that lord third was dead. He was the strongest thing, person, man, and ninja he ever seen. He was stronger than even Naruto. "H...How...What cou....could kill him?" forced out Inari. "His third student," said Jiraiya with rage. "Take me to him. Let me kill him. Let him die." demanded Konohamaru. "I'm sorry Konohamaru but you're about number 500 on that list." said Jiraiya humorlessly. "Then...then put me up to number 1!" demanded Konohamaru. "I'm sorry but we don't know where he is. So, for now, get stronger and let your tears flow." said Jiraiya sadly. Inari and Konohamaru obeyed and had their tears flow.

XXX

Sasuke reached out for anything to grab onto to pull himself up getting ready to continue his fight. "GAA! Sasuke let go of my leg!" yelled Sakura. "Oh, sorry Sakura," said an embarrassed Sasuke searching for something else to grab onto. "Are you still stuck with healing me, It's ok. You can go help in the fight now I'm fine." "Sasuke the fight over. We won. The battle is over the enemies have retreated." said Sakura. "They have. Wait how many died?" demanded Sasuke. "Right now, the told count is that 5% of our forces are dead. 20% have life threating wounds. And another 70% have a wound of some kind." said Sakura. "5% of our forces are dead," repeated Sasuke in shock. "Dead or missing," corrected Sakura. "Wow but what about the citizens?" asked Sasuke. "2% dead or missing though most of them are missing. 5% have a wound of some kind. The rest are safe." said Sakura. "Good to know that our work helped," said Sasuke. "Sasuke you're finally awake," yelled Ino running towards him ready with a hug. "Ino stop it," said Sakura as she stopped Ino in her charge. "Oh, come on Sakura you had enough of him while you were healing him for the last 2 hours." complained Ino. "Wait the battle ended 2 hours ago." said Sasuke in shock. "Well, our battle did the one for the village ended an hour and a half or so ago." explained Ino. "Huh. So, where's the hokage. What's he doing?" asked Sasuke. Ino and Sakura shared a look as they then looked back at him much grimmer. "Uh Sasuke...He's dead. Lord third is dead." said Sakura as a tear fell down her cheek. "What...No that can't be...he is as strong as Jiraiya." said Sasuke in shock as his own waterfall of tears fell. "Wait Naruto...No Naruto....Poor Naruto." said Sasuke as he got up out of worry for his friend. "Sasuke he already knows. He found the body with lord Jiraiya. I heard he even tried to go after the man himself." said Ino sadly. "Then I'll go help him. Where is he?" said Sasuke. "He's here healing after he passed out." said Sakura. "No damnit. Naruto I'm sorry if only I was well, you would have made it in time. You lost your grandfather because of me." said Sasuke in rage. "Grandfather I knew the two of them were close but not that close." thought Sakura shocked. "It wasn't your fault, Sasuke. It was that of his killer Orochimaru." said Ino. Sakura and Sasuke face darken even more as Sasuke said, "That man just gave me another reason to kill him."

XXX

"Good to see you two could make it." said Hiashi Hyūga looking at Neji and Hinata. "Yes, I'm here uncle but what did you need to talk to us about at a time like this?" said Neji with only a bit of his normal coldness lacking in his voice. "Yes, I would like to know that myself," agreed Hinata. "It's quite simple it's about the death of your father Neji and your uncle Hinata." said Hiashi. "What about it I already know everything I need to." said Neji with rage entering his voice on this ever so touching subject. "No, I hid the truth from you for too long. I know that now. Please just read this and you will understand." said Hiashi handing Neji a letter.

XXX

Hidden base in Hokage mountain

"So, you have finally died old friend. You died a death worthily of a Hokage. I hope that in the end you have at finally seen the errors of your ways." said a frail, old man, holding a cane in one hand, with a bandage on his right eye, wearing a white shirt with a black robe covering it.  

Let me know if you cried for any of it tried my hardest to get you