~ Chapter 11 ~

~ Henry ~

"Are you sure, Cromwell?" I questioned the man once again. Confirming what I was hearing out of his mouth. This situation is a delicate matter, all cards must be laid out on the table.

"I am certain, your Majesty. The Queen has committed adultery with several men, including her own brother. It appears her desperation for an heir, drove her to commit such a treason." The middle age man spoke with such disappointment towards the whore, I call my wife.

"Well then, she much face her fate that she brought upon herself. I just fear that Elizabeth will never want to speak or see my presence again." I sadly spoke, letting the pain I feel show on my face.

" Your the King of England, your Majesty. She will surely come back, either walking or crawling." Sir Thomas spoke, with a hint of laughter laced in his voice. Though I didn't find it very amusing.

"You don't know, Elizabeth Boleyn. She isn't one to come crawling back. She will make you get on your knees and beg, weather your a servant or a King. I voiced out, staring into the fireplace. I let out a deep sigh. Letting my thoughts run their course through my head. Thomas stood behind me, away from my view of sight.

I felt bad over this matter, I mean for good sake she was the one who was whoring around. Who even knows, if that stillborn of a son was mine? I mean for all I know it could be her brothers. My blood boiled at that thought. I don't even feel bad for what is coming to her. I felt only regretful of what is to come, because of Elizabeth.

"-And I would gladly do it!" I spoke out once more. There is something about Elizabeth Boleyn that drives me crazy. In a fantastic way, not even Anne made me feel this way.

"Well I'm sure once the air is cleared, you can-" Sir Thomas was interrupted by the loud opening of the door. I jolted my attention towards the door to see a very pissed off, Elizabeth Boleyn. She trotted in like she owned the place, two guards followed suit trying to grab her. I held up my index and middle finger together, signaling to let her be.

Her gentle face held great hatred and hurt. My heart ached at the sight, knowing I was the one to cause her pain. Sir Thomas excused himself out of the room, avoiding this confrontation like the plague.
" Eliza-" I tired to speak but she hushed me with her angelic voice.

"No, don't you dare speak! I'm utterly horrified what I have learned. I mean honestly, do you really believe Anne would betray you? She has been nothing but loyal, Henry. Even my brother is innocent of this charge." Her voice echoed throughout my study. Her volume of voice, possibly can even be heard throughout the castle.

"Elizabeth, the evidence is clear as ink on paper. Her laddies in waiting have confessed. To seeing your brother and sister, in bed with one another. She has been sneaking around for months. Even if I wanted to pardon her, I am leaving it up to the courts to decide her fate." I genuinely spoke, knowing I was walking on thin ice.

I slowly approached her as I spoke, she surprisingly didn't step back the closer I got. I tried to be gentle in every step I took. I'm trying to do things differently with her. I want to be the King she wants and needs. "Elizabeth, I had intentions on hurting you. This unfortunate situation has to be addressed, and your sister knew the consequences. When performing the act out of our martial beds."