~ Chapter 16 ~

Late June, 1536; Hampton Court, London

~ Elizabeth ~

It has been over a month since Anne's death. Most of the English people have forgotten about her, as their attention has turned towards Henry's and I's wedding. For our wedding was only in a matter of a few days.

Im over the moon about my pre-nuptials to Henry. Though my mind doesn't stop reminding me of how I got to this position.

Henry is over the moon as well, he even couldn't wait any longer for me to be his Queen. He has made the coronation a day after our wedding. I told him it was ridiculous and we should postpone it for a few months. Though he has no intention of waiting that long.

"What do you think of this one, your Grace?" Lady Catherine asked. Pointing to one of the many sketches on the table.

I was currently picking out the finally details of my wedding and the reception. Along with my coronation and its reception. Henry has brought in a man all the way from France to design the special occasions. He has done an excellent job in planning the events down to the last detail.

Luckily, I have been allowed some say in the planning. Though I must admit, I do fancy the idea of having someone else plan it. For I wouldn't have any idea of where to start.

"I think will go with the other sketch. I just don't like the look of the silk in that one." I spoke scanning over each sketch with a naked eye.

" I think I have picked all of what Mr. Auclair needs for the finally touches." I gathered all my favorites sketches together in my hands. " Lady Catherine, please take these to Mr. Auclair. He will need them as soon as possible."

She nodded before grabbing the sketches, departing from my quarters.  The door was opened for her as she left, my pager boy then emerged.

" The Earl and Countess of Wiltshire, your Grace." He spoke loudly before my father walked in. My mother soon following suite. " Your Grace." They said in unison. My mother giving me a curtsy, while my father gave me a small head bow.

"Mama, papa? I wasn't expecting you to tell tomorrow." I spoke with a surprise tone. I'm guessing my mother and father wanted to try and put their own input on my wedding. Or they want to ask something of me.

" Your mother wanted to come early to court. She hasn't been in many months." My father gleefully spoke with a smirk plastered on his face. Something seemed odd about him, but nonetheless I left it alone. I don't have much time to deal with his ambitions mindset today.

" How is your choices of Laddies going?" Mother questioned walking around the room.

I huffed out a sigh of breath knowing where this is going. "If you are here on Uncle's behalf. I have made my finally decision. His daughter, Lady Mary is to not be one of my laddies at court. There are better candidates and all eyes are on me to make the right choices as Queen." I spoke sharply making sure my mother understood.

My uncle has been begging me to allow his daughter Mary to be one of my Laddies in waiting. He desperately wants her to marry a good suitor. Though her reputation will look poorly on my household, for she has been found in bed with many high Nobels of the court in the past.