~ Chapter 17 ~

Early July, 1536; Hampton Court

~ Elizabeth ~

The day has finally arrived, my wedding day. My nerves have reached a new height. I cannot stop feeling nervous. This moment seals my fate as a Queen of England.

" Your Grace?" One of my laddies called out my name. I was currently putting on my wedding gown with the assistances of a few of my laddies. I turned my attention away from my gown looking up. "Your sister, the Lady Mary."

My spirts lifted even more hearing my sister has arrived. It has been awhile since we last communicated. After Anne banned her from court. I was forced to cut off all communication with her.
" Send her in, Lady Catherine!" I abruptly spoke not being be able to contain my excitement.

As on cue, Mary walked in. She hasn't changed much. The only difference was her clothes were more styled towards a commoners gown. The gown was still stunning and she looked magnificent.

"Sister!" Mary squealed embracing me in a loose hug. Not wanting to ruin my gown. " Oh Mary, how are you?" I questioned.

" Quite well, I have a son and two daughters now. There are perfect in every way. Sadly they couldn't come with me."

My laddies finished the last parts of my gown, allowing me to move around. I grabbed Mary's hand. It must be difficult not having your children near. I'm guessing it has to do to her husband and her children not having nobility. Which denied them from coming to court with Mary. Soon that fate will be changed.

" I know it must be hard, but on the bright side. Henry has graciously agreed to give you and your husband the title, Viscount and Viscountess of Beaumont!Which entitles your children to a Lordship and Ladyships. Which means they will be able to join you at court! You will also receive a chunk of yearly earns on your title, along with land you may build an estate on." My words had Mary engulfing me in a tight hug.

" Oh thank you, Elizabeth, thank you!" She pleaded over and over." Do not thank me, Mary. Your husband and you deseve it from the hardships, I'm sure you had to endure." I declared.

"How about you? Are you excited for your big day?" That question had my stomach turning in nots.

" It is exciting in every way, but-" I dragged the conversation on. Not really wanting to speak of such matters.

"You're afraid what happened to Anne will also be your fate." Mary spoke, picking up on my body language. I nodded in response.

"The King says he doesn't care if I cannot give him a son, yet that all he talks about with his peers. I fear if I cannot provide him with a son. He will have no use for me or for my head." I haven't been able to sleep the last few day for that same thought raced through my mind on a repeat.

" Elizabeth, I wouldn't worry. If you trust the King." I interrupted her. " I do trust him, just-" she then interrupted me. " if you trust him, don't give a minute to those lucid thoughts. I have heard how he is with you. It's nothing like he was with Anne or Catherine. Now it's your wedding day! No more stressing of things that are not gonna happen."

Mary was right. Henry has changed and I shouldn't worry. He chose me. Even declaring he would rather have me as his Queen, over a son. I need to put my trust in him as I always have. Mary was always the one to comfort me when my thoughts wouldn't quit.

" Also don't fear about barring any children, for I know you will provide a litter to his Majesty. In fact, I am positive you will convince a child on your wedding bed tonight." She teased.

I gasped in surprise. " Mary, it is unheard of a woman convincing a child on the first attempt. It can take months if not years."

" There is always a first." She teased before ushering me over to my vanity making me take a seat. " but no more talk. You need to finish getting ready for your big day." She tussled with my hair a little, before allowing my laddies to take over.

It took over two hours to finishing every last detail of my appearance. It would have only taking an hour, if I didn't constantly change my mind about details.

"You look stunning, Elizabeth." Mary spoke helping me put on my long veil. My wedding dress was dark blue, laced in gold all over and had a ten foot train that connected to the shoulders of my gown. I wore a white veil to cover my face.

The reason I chose blue for my wedding gown was it symbolized purity and after the scheme of my sister. England is in desperate need of a pure and strong Queen.

"Your Grace." A young pager boy drew my attention away from my gown. The young boy gave me a small bow of the neck before speaking again. " Your carriage awaits you."

Those words had my nerves jumbling in excitement. "You ready, Elizabeth?" Mary questioned. I took a deep inhale of breath, giving her a small nod.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey Readers,

I'm back again!!! Sorry that this chapter is short. I wanted to get a new chapter out as soon as possible! The next chapter will be quite long and full of events, so stay tuned!!

Bye for now 👋