~ Chapter 19 ~

~ Elizabeth ~

The carriage ride back to Hampton Court was quite and full of anticipation. We didn't say much to each other as we continued to wave and greet the English people who were gathered in the streets.

"Your coronation will create an even bigger crowd than this." Henry whispered into my ear.

"Doubtful, but will have to see what tomorrow brings. I'm just excited for the banquet that is waiting for us at Court. I am famished!" I spoke earning a small chuckle from Henry.

Once we made it back to the Palace safe and sound, the party could finally begin! Henry helped me out of the carriage and into the warmth of the palace.

As soon as we stepped inside Henry had to have a quick discussion with Sir Cromwell. The discussion I'm sure of is about the interruption at our wedding ceremony by the Seymour's.

"Laddies, help me take off this vail and train. It is starting to weigh on me." I asked my laddies for help. Which they came with immediate haste helping me take off my train and vail.

"You ready, my love?" Henry spoke coming back to my side. He connect his arm with mine." Yes, is everything okay though?" I questioned while Henry guided me to the banquet.

"Don't worry your pretty head. Everything is being handled. Sir Seymour was just trying to gain his position back at court, but enough of that. Let's enjoy the rest of the night. For we won't be getting any sleep tonight." He teased given my lips a quick peck.

" You should have heard what Mary said to me early today. She is convinced I will convince a child on our wedding bed." I laughed recalling the faint memory.

"Well there is only one way to find out." Henry twirled me in his arms tickling my sides.

"Not right now, Henry! Wait tell tonight. You have waited this long, surely you can wait for a few more hours of time." He pouted at my words making me chuckle.

We finally made it to the main room of the banquet. Everyone else had already arrived and were already dancing and getting drunk.

"Their Majesties, the King and Queen!" The announcer spoke alerting everyone of our arrival. As we walked down the path that was created by the guests. They all gave us small bows and curtsy's as we passed by.

Henry brought me to the big banquet table where our two seats were. He helped me to my spot before speaking. " I must go mingles with some people. I'll be back as soon as I can." Henry gave my hand a gentle kiss on my forehead before walking away.

"Your Majesty." A young servant boy spoke showing me a plate of delicious food. He awaited for my approval before setting the food down in front of me. I gave him a small "thank you." before he left.

"Sister." Mary came up from behind and whispered in my ear. I jumped from her unexpected presence.

"You gave me a fright, Mary." I spoke putting my hand over my heart."You always scare so easily."She gave me a small slap on the shoulder before heading off to the dance floor.