rome

Aziraphale walked into the restaurant in rome, adjusting his Angel pin as he walked and fidgeting with his hands.. always fidgeting. He was a walking hall of stress.

But when he sat down, he realized he'd sound himself beside Crowley and having gone a few centuries without seeing his... well, his enemy, he engaged in conversation.

"Crowley, dear, how lovely to see you!"

Crowley's eyes went wide. He'd been avoiding the Angel for centuries and all of a sudden he's found himself sitting right beside of him. Well fuck.

"Angel?" He makes a puzzled face to give him the desired reaction. Crowley truly wanted the Angel to ignore him. To run away. If the Angel would just walk away and let him hide for centuries he'd be content. He wouldn't risk him finding out. He wouldn't risk aziraphale's life.

Aziraphale would NOT Be seen fraternizing with the enemy.

He simply couldn't.

And Crowley.. well.

he was supposed to be his enemy.

"Angel! How have you been?"

Fuck. Why did he always have to engage.

He couldn't resist the temptation. And funny that was.. a demon trying to resist the temptation of an Angel.

"Crowley, love, are you okay?"

Love???? That snapped him out of his stupor quick.

"I didn't recognize you, Angel. It's been centuries since I'd seen you last. How have you been?"

But Crowley did. He smelt him the second he entered, felt his angelic presence and the love that enveloped him when he stepped foot in Rome. Of course he did. He saw his lovely white curls and his angel wings pin. His cute nose. Of course Crowley recognized him.

He'd recognize him in any universe, any life.

And he always had.

"Y'know, just hanging around Rome. You know what they say! When in Rome..." and of course Crowley had. He'd tempted some people in bathhouses to get together. He'd even glued their currency to the ground and watched the poor things as they tried to pry them up. It was laughable really but Crowley felt bad about it. 

"Oh dear! You haven't been sticking coins to the ground again, have you?"

Of course. The Angel probably saw right through him, he always did. And he probably also knew.. at least Crowley hoped he did- that he had been avoiding him..