sleepy angel

Crowley was sat at the armchair in the office at the very back corner of the bookshop with aziraphale sitting right in front of him in An identical chair.

He's noticed aziraphale slipping away as they kept talking throughout the night and as usual, the Angel had stressed himself out so much over the coming apocalypse that he'd wore himself out. It had been an hour of this going back and forth.

"So I teach the kid and become his nanny while you are the gardener, Angel. Does that make sense?"

A gasp echoes throughout the quiet shop and only the sounds of their breathing are in the room along with the crackling of the fireplace that had been lit and left to maintain itself (and it would) hours ago. Aziraphales eyes focus on Crowley for a second before he uttters:

"Sorry Crowley, I must have zoned out, can you repeat what you said?"

And Crowley did.

"Oh, yes that's right dear. I'll be the gardener." Aziraphale closes his eyes and Crowley lets the conversation die off as he knows he'd be getting nowhere soon with the tired Angel. He'll leave soon, before it gets creepy, he tells himself.

Soft snores were coming from the angels pretty mouth and his eyes were closed. The Angel didn't look, no he couldn't be comfortable sitting like that.

Crowley stared for a few minutes more, taking in the beauty of the Angel. I guess I should wake him, at least to get him to bed and comfortable.

"Angel?"

No response.

"Angel, you need to wake up." Crowley shakes him lightly and still nothing from the being. He shakes his head and decides he'll have to move him. He can't let the Angel hurt in the morning due to leaving him sitting upright in an armchair.

Up you go love, Crowley thinks to himself as he gathers the Angel in his arms, bridal style. The Angel says nothing but grabs at crowley's jacket and pulls his head into his shoulder making sleepy little noises that Crowley absolutely does not find adorable.

Crowley smiles.

He walks up the steps to the angels bed, just above where they'd been sitting and pulls the covers back with one hand while he places him gently down onto the tartan sheets. Aziraphale absentmindedly grabs for something and that happens to be Crowley.

Crowley takes his hands and pulls the Angel from him delicately while walking towards him, closer to the side where his head rests and kisses his cheek. Then he grabs the duvet and wraps aziraphale in it, making sure he's warm.

Crowley snaps his fingers, changing aziraphale into something more comfortable, a pair of silky smooth pajamas and decides the Angel with be okay. He'll check on him tomorrow.

"Goodnight, love." Crowley let's himself out of the room and leaves the bookshop to find the Bentley waiting for him.

Aziraphale smiles to himself in his sleep.