1967

Almost a century ago, before the blitz, Crowley had met aziraphale in St. James park, London.

The year was 1862. They were talking over the pond, surely to be overheard by the ducks that called it home and Crowley asked something of aziraphale that made his eyes go wide.

"HOLY WATER?! ABSOLUTELY NOT CROWLEY. I will NOT get you this. Anything, anything but this. It will kill you. I couldn't bare to even consider letting myself get that for you." Aziraphale had almost cursed him then and there for such an idiotic request.

"I'm not bringing you a suicide pill, Crowley."

"That's not what I want it for. Just insurance."

"I'm not an idiot, Crowley.!Do you know what trouble I'd be in if...if they knew I'd been fraternising? It's completely out of the question."

"Fraternising?"

"Well, whatever you wish to call it. "

"I do not think there is any point in discussing it further."

"I have lots of other people to fraternise with, angel."

"Of course you do."

"I don't need you." Aziraphale almost when those words left crowley's lips.

"Well, and the feeling is mutual, obviously." He lied. Of course he lied.

And that's how Aziraphale found himself seated next to Crowley in the Bentley. He'd found out he was to steal holy water from a church and finally caved. Of course he caved..

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed a word with you."

"What?"

"I work in SoHo. I hear things.I hear that you're setting up a... caper to rob a church. Crowley, it's too dangerous. Holy water won't just k*ll your body. It will destroy you completely."

"You told me what you think years ago."

"And I haven't changed my mind.
But I can't have you risking your life. Not even for something dangerous. So... you can call off the robbery. Don't go unscrewing the cap."

"It's the real thing?"

"The holiest."

"After everything you said....Should I say thank you?"

"Better not."

"Well, can I drop you anywhere?"

"No, thank you. Oh, don't look so disappointed. Perhaps one day we could... I don't know. Go for a picnic. Dine at the Ritz." Aziraphale let himself think about spending time with Crowley and now found himself blushing just inches away from the man.

"I'll give you a lift. Anywhere you want to go." Aziraphale felt a tear run down his cheek as crowley's sunglass stare pierced him.

"You go too fast for me, Crowley."

And with that, aziraphale clutched at the door and ran as fast as he could from Crowley. He had to. The Angel hadn't meant to say that.. he just didn't want to get Crowley hurt, discorporated or worse, killed. If he'd have stayed any longer... he may of done something he'd regret.
Something not right of an Angel.

But oh Crowley.. always so enticing.