10: night is still young

"Don't kill him!" Andy whined, he was with Amber in her room having a sibling talk, she wasn't happy that Raphael had spent the entire afternoon here.

"I'm going to kill him," she muttered.

"Stop okay? He changed."

She wanted to believe him but she couldn't, not with the faint bruise's on his jaw. "Okay, then who hurt you?"

Andy blinked back surprised, "excuse me?"

"Who hurt you?"

The younger boy laughed and didn't reply, he looked away. If he told Amber he was being bullied again this would lead him to move here, with his mother and everyone will start to worry again.

He didn't want that.

"I fell in a rose bush," he smiled sheepishly.

Amber didn't by it but also didn't want to press it any longer, she would get him to talk, one way or another.

"Kids! Dinner's ready!" They both hear their mother call for them, they could tell she sounded a bit tipsy. They jogged down the steps and entered the dinning room.

Andy took a seat beside Raphael who was in a conversation with his siblings, "and that's why, I love Star Wars."

Andy's eyes widened, did he just say he loved Star Wars?

The triplets looked over Andy with huge evil grin on their faces, they knew something Andy doesn't and that was scaring him.

"So, Raphael," Amber was seated across both boys, poking around her food, "how's your nose?"

Raphael stiffened, "um okay."

Andy could feel the tension she was giving out, "um, Raph? Could you pass the salad?"

Raphael nodded and passed it on as Amber's face turn and twist in disgust, "did you just call him Raph?"

Andy froze, hanging on to the bowl of salad.

"Now Amber, it's not nice bring so defensive, leave Andy's boyfriend alone," Mrs. Olson spoke up.

This was one uncomfortable dinner.

"So you two? Chemistry lab partners huh? Sounds like a lazy written cheesey romance novel," Alex joined in.

Andy rolled his eyes. Great now his family thinks their dating, it's been like what? A month since he left them for college.

"At least I have one," Andy shot back.

"Sick burn!" Annie and April said in a unison

Raphael chuckled and smiled, "we're not dating."

"Really?" April asked a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, we're just friends. Well, um, dorm mates," Raphael explained.

Andy stayed silent, that kinda stung him. I mean he did just make up with him and yet he feels his high school emotions take control of him once again.

He audibly sighed and poked on his food, he could feel his mother's eyes boring into him. "You okay Andy bear?" She asked with a mother's concern at heart, but all Andy did was nod.

After dinner he got a text from Jake.

Jake: It's no biggie, but are you still up for it now? I mean the night I still young..?

He glanced over at his family soaking in Raphael's hot testosterone levels (apart from Amber) and back at his phone.

Andy: um yeah, I'm leaving right now anyways. We should meet up sometime.

"You okay?" Raphael asked startling him, he was already wearing his jacket and had his keys on his hand.

"Yup, so okay."

Raphael didn't believe him but didn't want to make him uncomfortable, "okay we should get going then.."

Andy said his goodbyes to his family one last time (by getting buried in a big bear hug) and he made his way to Raphael who stood next to his motorbike.

"Ready to go?"

Andy nodded and accepted help with putting on the helmet, he couldn't resist to blush when Raphael gently lifted his chin to secure the helmet.

"Thanks.." he whispered.

They head off to the streets but this time, Raphael was driving cautiously. It was a quiet night and all Andy could do was hold on to Raphael, was it weird that he felt safe around him?

He sighed.

The motor stopped rumbling when they arrived outside the university, Raphael got off the bike first and helped Andy off next. He unstrapped the helmet and smiled, "today was fun, unexpected but fun."

Andy shrugged. "It was more unexpected than fun," but he agreed, it was fun...?

They share a small conversation thinking back to the burnt shrimp and how his family was in love with Raphael, they laughed. "Thanks for inviting," Raphael rasped.

"Yeah, anytime."

They started at each other's eyes, making Andy's heart flutter and turn and jump and do all sorts of trick in the book. He loved staring at Raphael's deep green eyes, it was weirdly nice.

Andy opened his mouth to say something but his phone rang causing him to shut up, he checked the ID caller to say in bold letters: JAKE.

He looked up at Raphael who wasn't looking at him anymore, he was looking away a bit hurt by something. Andy wanted to ask him what's wrong but felt like it was too obvious, Raphael liked him.

And he liked Raphael but, something was stopping them from being together and that's just crazy.

Andy answered the phone, "Hey Jake."

"Andy hey! Where are you?"

"Um, I just got to the university gate," he explained.

"Cool, I'll meet you there."

The line went dead and Andy turned around to find Raphael gone, the gate was slightly opened so that meant he had gone inside already.

Andy sighed and sat in the bench fiddling with his fingers, he was back to square one again.

A/n:

I just realized that I kept a mafia tag...I removed it sorry about that, cuz this wasn't necessarily about mafia's and stuff idk why I kept it there, maybe was a typo.

Also I kept fluff and smut and for the life of me I can't write fluff and smut even if you point a gun on my head. Just pull the trigger.

Anyway, you must confused. Guess what?! I. Am. Too. But that's emotions I get, it will all be cleared up in chapter 13 or 12 idk.

Wow, that was a long author's note damn...

Kk

BYE!

-inkonmyfeet