Chapter 6: Sisters

*ARLO'S POV*

After basketball practise i get a call from Eva making me smile. I pick up excited that she called me. I know she prefers texting over calling which makes me even more happy she called me.

I get to hear her voice. My favourite.

"Hello Eva." I say picking up.

"Your good with girls right?"

"Yep they beg for me and my amazing personality an huge di-"

"Kids! Kids Arlo, like Ella."

"Oh yeah."

She lets out a small sigh.

"Ella won't stop crying and i don't know what to do."

"I'm on my way."

"Thank you." She sniffles before hanging up.

I drive over to her house as quick as possible and walk in where i hear the sound of crying.

Eva looks at me and comes towards me Ella in her arms.

I take Ella from her and begin rocking her softly.

"I-i'm just gonna go toilet." Eva says and i nod. I hear a small sob escape her lips as she goes up the stairs.

I sooth Ella to sleep and i place her down in the crib before walking up the stairs and into what i assume is Eva's room where she sits on the edge of the bed her head in her hands as she cries.

I slowly walk towards her and bend down brushing my hands over her knees. She continues sobbing hurting my heart.

"It's not your fault she's crying." I whisper.

"But i can't even look after her." She looks up at me as tears stream down her cheeks.

"It's not your job to look after her."

"But i have too. No one else can. My parents are working to provide for us and i'm the only one who can look after her."

"Your doing a good job, sweetheart."

"No i'm not." She shakes her head.

"Yes, you are."

She shakes her head as her eyes dart all over the room her breath quickening.

"Hey, hey eyes on me." I whisper cupping her cheeks making sure she doesn't slip into an attack of some sort. Her sad eyes snap to mine.

"I-i'm sorry." Her voice wobbles.

"There's no need to be sorry. It was hard for my sister too."

"What do you mean?"

"My sister basically raised me."

"Really?"

I nod as tears threaten the back of my eyes.

"I should meet her and get tips." She giggles.

"You can't."

"Oh. Does she live away?"

I shake my head.

"Where is she?"

I stay silent.

"W-wait y-you mean s-she.."

"Yes."

Eva jumps into my lap wrapping her arms around my neck leaning her head on my shoulder as she cries.

I wrap my arms around her waist holding her tightly. I never want to let go.

"I-i'm so sorry." She hiccups.