| End Note |

You made it!

Congratulations on finishing Veins of Smoke and Shadows!

For the first time in two years we made it to the Longlist! This years turn out was absolutely amazing and I couldn't be more grateful. Even if this is where I leave off, VSS turned out better than I ever dreamed and its inspired a world I want to delve so much deeper into.

First and foremost, I want to thank my majestic and supportive partner, Keirdan (LoneShipSailing) for all the late nights of sound boarding and editing, not to mention the feedback. I couldn't have done it without him. 

I also want to give huge thanks and shoutouts to aptionia and cosmic_lattes for letting me into their ONC communities -- Even if I only lurked because I was overwhelmed, I want you guys to know you helped me more than you will ever know.

I was so happy to share VSS with my lovely DreamlandCommunity, the feedback and love from both bookclubs was so valuable and I am incredibly grateful to have met some wonderful writers I didn't know yet.

Now onto the real MVP's. Massive love to dreaminginreverie for silently stalking this entire book, it made me smile.  I'm incredibly blessed for how deep inside MiyaHikari and AwSprite journeyed in despite having  their own entries. Please go check them out! 

Go look at my wonderful ONC buddy Jagermeanshunter because her books are incredible and she helps me throw myself back into this every year. 

Last, but in no way least, is my incredible best friend Cross-Warrior who still completes every single book I've written. For the last 6+ years she has been my rock and I've had the delight of hugging her in person. She might not have finished this years ONC, but please do go give a peek to her pride and joy The Dragon's Scale. 

The Directory: 

Finished VSS and looking for another great read?

🔮  Facing Fear by MiyaHikari 🔮 Wings of Deceit by -DeeIsDead-  🔮 Blight on Magic by Aptionia 🔮 Blank Slate by ToWolfKin 🔮 Snow Bites by skyebme 🔮 Excalibur by cosmic_lattes 🔮 Hocky Pucks & Pixie Dust by Kaiddance

Special shoutout to In My Skin by Korra_99 for both becoming a full length Novel and getting accepted into BCM this year <3

Congratulations to everyone who made it onto the Shortlist this year! I had a wonderful 2023 with you all!! 

Keep your eyes peeled for a secret update in November!!