SEVEN

Aria stood leaning against the wall as she listened to Mark. She looked over as Alex, Lexie and Meredith walked in together confusing the oldest Grey. "Okay, ladies and gentlemen,this is Nick Hanscomb." Mark says looking at all of the residents and interns.

"Hi." Nick says looking at all of them while he looked at Aria who gave him a small smile.

"Nick was lucky enough to have me remove a large carotid body tumor from his neck.The fact that I was able to get clean boundaries is pretty darn impressive, even for me." Mark says causing Aria to roll her eyes at the attending.

"Congratulations." Alex says while Aria glares at him slightly wanting him stop fuelling marks Ego.

"Don't interrupt.Now despite the fact that it was a wildly successful surgery,we had to dissect out
deep lymph nodes in his neck.There is now only a delicate flap of skin between his carotid artery and the outside world.That said, what am I worried about?" Mark says while Aria looks at him.

"I would think given the friability of the skin,that there's a great possibility that the, um, the artery could blow?" Aria says while the residents and intern all watch her.

"Right." Mark says smiling at his favourite resident.

"Oh, don't worry.I've-- I've heard this before." Nick says looking at Aria who was leaning against the wall again.

"If that happens, whoever's in the room,I don't care if it's a doctor, a nurse, an orderly,your job is to stop the bleeding then page me, in that order.Are we clear? Any questions?" Mark asks while they all shook their heads.

"They look scared." Nick says looking at all of them.

"They're medical professionals, Nick.A healthy level of fear is encouraged." Mark says looking at his patients and then the staff.

"Okay, then, uh,if I do die, it will have been lovely meeting you all." Nick says smiling at the residents and interns.

"See?The patient is confident. You should be confident.That's it." Mark says while they all headed to their respective attending's.
~
Aria walked into the trauma room with George and Derek. "This is Mary Daltry.She, uh, lost consciousness behind the wheel." Callie told the three of them.

"You're the neuro guy?" Mary asks looking at Derek who looked at her scans.

"Yes, I'm Dr. Shepherd." Derek says giving her a small smile.

"Why did I have a seizure?" Mary asks looking at Derek for an answer.

"I don't know." Derek answered her honestly.

"I mean, I've never had a seizure before.I mean, I'm fine,except apparently I caused this accident." Mary says while Derek turned to Aria.

"Call radiology.Let's get her in for an M.R.I." Derek says while Aria nodded at him with George following in pursuit.

"How's Shane. My partner?Does anybody know?" Mary asks them.

"I think he's with Dr. Bailey." Callie tries to reassure her.

"That's good." Mary says trying to hold it together.

"Okay, I'm ready to fix the arm.Are you ready, Mary?" Callie asks her.

"Is it gonna hurt?" She questions the surgeons.

"Yes, but--" George began to say while Aria gave him a small glare.

"George." Callie says looking at him.

"But Dr. Torres is very good." Aria corrects him while Callie gives her an appreciative smile.