003

October 25th

You were very hungover and had slept through the day. Misa had kept you up until 3 am partying last night.

You rub your face and yawn loudly. You want to go back to sleep, but the throbbing against your skull makes it seem impossible.

It's 7 pm when you finally get out of bed, your comforter haphazardly falls onto the floor as you do. You toss on some leggings and a hoodie before shuffling to the bathroom. You attempt to fix your hair and brush your teeth. The floor tiles are ice cold beneath your feet and you scold yourself for not putting any socks on.

Moonlight crawls across the floor and along the walls as you walk into the kitchen. You rummage through the cabinets for some pain relievers to dull your headache. The bottles are empty, so you opt for some orange juice instead. You sigh and open the fridge, no orange juice either.

Lovely. Which one of us forgot to go grocery shopping again? Misa probably used up all the orange juice to make screwdrivers again. Between my chronic headaches and her partying, of course, we'd fly through painkillers.

You groan and go find Misa. She's passed out on her bed, her legs hanging off the side with her heels still on.

"Misa get up. I need you to come with me to the convenience store."

Misa doesn't wake up so you yank her leg.

"Misa!"

She groans and mumbles.

"No... want to sleep... go away."

You sigh and give up after a few more attempts. She wasn't going to get up, she's always stubborn about not wanting to wake up unless she wants to, you should know that by now.

Your head continues to throb and anxiety begins to bloom from having to go out alone without her. You grab your purse after slipping your shoes on. You take a deep breath and open the front door.

Okay, I can do this. I can do this.... right? Oh god.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You fidget with your sleeves as you wander the aisles. Your music is on shuffle and Killing Me Softly plays next. The fluorescent lights aren't doing your hangover a favor.

Where the hell is the orange juice? I forgot which brand we buy. How much should I buy? Which painkillers should I buy? I'm going crazy in here, this is too overwhelming.

You don't know your way around this convenience store. The one you and Misa frequent was closed. You glance over the shelves in hopes of spotting the drink section. You glance over your grocery list and sigh.

I think I wrote down everything we need for now.... least for the next couple of days. Shit, I can't do this, why is this so overwhelming? Why can't I just simply get groceries without any issues?

You make a beeline toward the back after spotting the refrigerated glass doors holding a variety of drinks. The neon blue light that says "Drinks" in cursive flickers a few times.

"Oh thank God."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You're not paying attention as you hum along to your music. You slowly search through the drink aisle before finally spotting the juices. As you reach for the handle your hand grazes something pale and cold. It takes you a moment to process that it's someone's hand. You yank your hand back and pull your headphones out, dropping your grocery list in the process.