chapter 19

Narrator

It was the day, of elimination. The day the women feared, awaited, searched for. Of course, it didn't mean death to all the folks worrying.

Today, out of the last four women, only two would be chosen. And by who? The prince himself. The queen will stand guard along with her son, helping him be critical and choose which lady is truly worth of her one and only son. 

And the last decision was Nishimura Riki's, who would be his wife out of two almost lucky women, all up to the women's choice too, that is already yes.

They all loved him.

Midori Hayashi was obviously, a nervous wreck. She has this self selfish feeling that Prince Riki might just choose her out of the prettiest three women beside her, but these days she's fallen for him so much, she believed until she might get married to someone her own worth, she wouldn't be able to stop fancying the kind hearted, fun prince. 

She has this joyous yet nerve wrecking feeling to be the wife of Prince Riki, he was a utterly amazing guy to be described, he was pure, funny, good looking, a pretty smile, he doesn't deserve hate.

"Sumi-san, please kill me now. I can't do this" Midori cried out, holding her aching heart in front of the older, acting as if it would pop out. 

"Oh dear, do you need a doctor? Should I call a doctor named Riki-kun?" The older asked back, sarcasm heavy on her voice as she teased the young adult. "W-what? No, of course, he might be busy thinking about the girl he likes instead of me" She said, not a single joke in her sentence. 

"Oh my, heartbroken are we my dear, it's alright" Sumi held Midori close, patting her head as Midori chilled on her shoulder.

"We need to go now, you know." Sumi said to the girl, who looked a bit down at her and nodded with a frown.

"Come on, don't frown. Your smile is what makes you prettier with this beautiful gown you're wearing."

Midori nodded again, atleast curving her lips up for the older's satisfaction. Midori knew she has a lower chance of being a wedded women in a few days, she would miss Sumi San a lot.

"Yes, shall we get going Sumi-chan?" She asked, following behind as the older led in to the dreadful same ball hall.

Orchestral music played as three other, gossiping and whispering women stood infront of alone Midori Hayashi. The latter sighed heavily, seeing her maiden's figure slowly disappeared out the room. What good would she do after all with the damsel in distress after two hours of comforting and dressing up?

"Good luck, Hayashi." A women dresses in pink, with her black hair up in a bun came forward with a hand to Midori. Without a smile, nor a polite bow.

"Thank you." Midori answered back, giving her the more rude look that the black haired women was clearly trying. Her eyes searched for another word.

She scoffed, looking at Midori's innocent eyes with her tilted head, as if she was asking why the woman was still standing infront of her. The woman scoffed, her lips dropping as she walked away offended and shut up.

"Queen Aoi and Prince Riki, have arrived. Please bow" the butler announced, all the four girls including little Midori had formed into a good like and had their heads low.

"Good evening, your majesties" Everyone said in unison in the room, the large hall was as empty as a pea with no peas, that was funnier in my head for some odd reason.

Anyways;

Everyone looked curiously as the queen began to speak, a shiver running down Midori's spine, "Shall we get started with the final test, my ladies?" 

♡♡♡