16. hearts racing

SOUL WAS BEING YELD AT, by his friends

SOUL WAS BEING YELD AT, by his friends. They had ran all the way to the nearest park after the teachers had shown up. right now it was just maka, blackstar and kid who were with him.

"are you stupid? why would you fight riko? AGAIN!?" maka asked as she smacked the back of soul's head just as he sat down on a bench.

"he started it." he said making everyone facepalm.

"what even happened?" kid asked as the others waited for souls answer.

"well.. we ran into each other, exchanged a few words and boom." he explained leaving out the details.

soul's friends pretty much interrogating him, until they pretty much got the full details out of him.

"can believe you brought that up!" blackstar laughed as he took pics of soul all beat up while he tried to stop him.

"i wonder how (y/n) felt seeing you and her bff fight." blackstar suddenly thought.

"oh, yeah.. have you talked to her at all?" kid asked making soul shake his head.

"no, we haven't talked in two weeks, i'm pretty i messed up bad." soul admitted.

"yea, no kidding." maka pipe into the conversation after talking on the phone, "but you might be able to talk to her right now?" maka said.

"wHAT?!" soul's voiced cracked a bit. he started getting nervous just thinking about what he could say.

"are you serious?! what if i say something dumb! i can't let her see me like this!?" soul groaned as he panicked, the others just laughed at his embarrassed state.

"she already did?" kid questioned his motive.

"NOT UP CLOSE?" soul practically screamed, while blackstar and maka laughed at his misery.

"well, will leave you two alone, don't mess this up." maka warned.

soon the three of them left leaving soul sitting at the bench to wait for (y/n).

"what if i mess this up again and end up lashing out at her even more?! i'm already freaking out and she's not even here yet!" soul was deep in his thoughts so he didn't see when (y/n) arrived.

"uh, hey?" she waved a hand in front of his face making him flinch, she laughed a bit finding it funny.

"sorry, didn't mean to scare you.." she apologize.

soul's eyes widen as he saw her standing in front of him, her eyes were still filled with concern.

"it's alright.." he said and then offered her to sit down next to him. she ended sitting next to him with some space between them.

"so how'd you two end up fighting each other.. again?" she asked trying not to be awkward, soul sighed out of embarrassment but explained the whole thing to her.

"and that's pretty much it..." soul said finishing his explanation. the whole time he was talking he had not looked at her once.

"oh." was the only thing (y/n) could think of saying at the moment.

the two of them stayed silent for a bit, neither of them dared to talk.

"uh, so, how are you feeling?" (y/n) asked as she turned to examine his current state.

"uh, well im a little hurt but it's not that bad." he answered as he lifted up his hand to look at his now swollen knuckles, "how have you been?" he asked shyly, still refusing to look at her.

"i've been okay..." (y/n) answered sincerely as she realized soul probably refused to look at her because she was "annoying".

at this point she started to regret coming here, fearing that soul might hate her even more somehow.

"uh anyways, i should probably leave now." soul quickly looked at her and was about to say something but she beat him to it. "i don't wanna bother you any longer so uh take care okay?" she began to stand up.

"hey, wait!" soul grabbed her hand before she began walking away. they both ended up looking at each other and making eye contact. they stayed like that for a few seconds before soul cleared his throat.

"don't leave, please?." he sounded desperate saying that but he really didn't want her to leave. he knew that if she did they wouldn't talk anymore. or ever again. her eyes widen in surprise as she nodded.

"i wanted to apologize. for everything." he started still making eye contact with her, "i'm sorry i called you annoying, and basically avoiding you. i was afraid you didn't want anything to do with me after i said all that. i didn't mean any word of what i said — i wanted to apologize as soon as it came out but i froze." he paused taking a breath.

"it's fine soul. i forgive you." she said before he could continue his explanation. his eyes went wide as he heard this.

"what!? no it's not fine—" (y/n) took a deep breath before hugging him unexpectedly, it surprised soul to the point where he shut up.

he melted in her warmth and began wrapping his around her as well. they stayed hugging for a bit until (y/n) spoke up while hiding her face in the crook of soul's neck.

(y/n) mentally prepared herself over what she was about to say to soul. she was a nervous wreck right now but she needed to tell him right now or else there's a chance she won't ever do it.

"i like you soul." (y/n) could hear soul gasp.  "a lot actually.. and when you said what you said that day, i'll admit it really hurt and it made me feel dumb, but now that i know you didn't mean any of it i feel a whole lot better which is why i forgive you. you don't have to return my feelings or anything but i just hope this doesn't make things awkward." she finished, her heart was racing as she waited for him to say anything.

meanwhile soul's heart was also racing as he kept repeating everything she had just said to him. the girl he's in love with likes him. he smiled as he hugged her tighter.

"i like you too."

(a/n): this is rushed, forgive me