- FOUR -

ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴs sᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑
____

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 both Marcus and Lucille, and the reason why they are the way they are, one would need to look at the lives they've lived in the few years prior to meeting one another.

Marcus Anthony Sorelli was born to the grandson of an Italian mafia boss, and a poor Puerto Rican lady with a pretty face. Loren Sorelli, Marcus' mother, was small in stature and wooed over Kai Sorelli, Marcus' father, in an instant.

Loren worked at the local pub in New York City, while Kai was a student at NYU. Loren, eighteen at the time of meeting a twenty-one year old Kai, was innocent and had no interest in love whatsoever. Loren lived with her single mother and needed to do whatever she could to provide for her.

Kai, very similarly to his son Marcus, was not taking no for an answer. He began sending money envelopes to Loren's front door, though how he found out her whereabouts has never been explained, and he even set up Loren's mother with a wealthy man. Once given the chance to have a real conversation with her, Kai told Loren that he was willing to do it all. Just be his pretty little sidekick, and he will provide for the family. Not even a full year later, Marcus was born.

Being a boy and coming from a family that has a mafia background, Marcus was thrown into the wolves right away. His father was hard on him, making it clear that he expected no less than an ill-mannered, hard working young man that is either given what he wants, or takes it. For a while, Marcus struggled with being a hostile Individual, he didn't have it in him and he felt bad all the time. But Kai didn't give Marcus a choice: "man up, or I'll disown you," Kai reminded his son, constantly.

So that he did. When he was about thirteen years old, Marcus' parents had another baby. This time, it was a little girl, looking more Puerto Rican than Marcus did. While Marcus had the straight jet black hair and ocean blue eyes, his little sister Mariah had banana curls and amber colored eyes. She was adored by Kai Sorelli instantly, and though Marcus never grew jealous of his baby sis, he did grow determined to make his father proud. He was going to be the biggest asshole there was.

I mean, technically, that shouldn't have been too hard. The "mafia" in the family had died down a ton by Kai's generation, so Marcus didn't have to go around killing or robbing people. But, Kai was always watching Marcus. He noted the little things that his son did, like hold the door open or bring a girl around more than once. He pushed Marcus to have multiple partners, making Marcus wonder if he was cheating on mom, and treat people, especially women, like absolute objects. Then, Kai suddenly moved his family to Newport Beach California, just in time for Marcus to start high school.