30. verbal vomit and mad money

This is short yet eventful.

|30.| verbal vomit and mad money.

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck." Was the sound of my best friend, leaning her head on the cool brown lunch table. Her hazel eyes were screwed shut and her face was free of the foundation she'd recently begun to wear; lips sucked into her mouth.

She'd obviously been on her period, acne a bit more prominent and arms wound tightly around her stomach. Rolling my eyes, I noticed the worried look on Luca's face as Jan rubbed our best friend's back, gently. I could relate because my uterus was shedding itself as well but my cycle was never as bad as Sidney's. Hers was handcarved by the devil himself.

"Just ask your parents for birth control already, they see how fucked up you get." I muttered, tugging her food over from beside her, shoving s fry in my mouth since she didn't seem like she'd be eating them anytime soon.

That must've gotten to Luca as he tilted his head in confusion, he must've not had sisters in the family he was staying with. Furrowing his brows, he looked closer at my best friend and stuttered out a reply, hurt engraved in his features. "Y-you are with child?"

"Shit," sitting up when everyone at the table chuckled, Sid shook her head. "Luca, Luca no." Honestly, they were the cutest.

"I do not understand, I-I thought you liked me." His gaze was dropping and he looked as if he were processing the whole ordeal, lips moving yet no words coming out. He looked like he wanted to say more but couldn't find the words and Jan cooed.

"I do, babe, I'm not pregnant, I promise." Screwing her eyes shut again in a painful wince, she leaned her head on his shoulder, "I'm kind of the opposite."

"You..?" And his cheeks went red.

"Yeah, sorry," burying her face in his shoulder, she groaned and the corners of his mouth had twitched up in a small smile. He was getting more comfortable, albeit still awkward, but nice nonetheless. Sidney sounded like she wanted to cry as he raked his hand through her hair and rubbed her back all at once. "I look like shit right now..."

There was still a small smile on his face; he shook his head and kissed her hair gently as if he's finally found courage, "Tu es belle...comme toujours"

"What?" She spoke up, voice a bit loud and ruining the mood entirely but, if possible, Luca's eyes brightened.

"It is nothing."

Jan smiled beside me, voice gushy and nearly squealing as the pair got caught up in each other, "Awww."

Leaning a bit to the side, I attempted to whisper to Jan -the only person who understood what Luca said- and I raised my brows, "You take French, right?"

"Yeah."

"What did he just say?"

Jan chuckled, "He called her beautiful."

Wolf-whistling, I smirked at the blush on Luca's face. And whispering so only him and Jan could hear, I grinned as Sid complained about her meds wearing off, "ship, ship, ship."

Feeling a hand on my waist, I tensed. That was until I heard his soft chuckle in my ear and Oliver had sat down beside me, small smile on his face. He sheepishly, grabbed the fruit off his tray, pushing it towards me and pulled a bag of gummy bears from a small compartment in his jacket.

Excited and forgetting about the people around us, I smiled, grabbing his face and pulling him towards me to place a small kiss on his lips. He seemed shocked, as if he didn't expect it, but his breathing slowed and he reached for my hands, kissing back once I'd pulled away. His lips were pursed and eyes were glazed over in both confusion and surprise. He looked happy if the small smile on his face had anything to say about it.