2 : After Quite Some Time

edited: 08 | 17 | 2016

this was badly done i apologize im really tired and its really late rn - ill just come back to this and make it better later or sonething

sorry for any spelling / grammar mistakes that may occur.

× ×

You stood before the guild's grand entrance, noting how it was in dire need of repairs - though you didn't have the money ( or the reputation ) to have somebody repair it. You were going to ask Master Makarov if they could repair the guild, which looked ready to fall apart - or have it remodelled, that could work too.

You looked to your shoulder, where Flaire rested comfortably, forcing a nervous smile onto your face. She noticed that and patted your head, which calmed your nerves. Flaire always knew what to do in situations like these. You took a deep breath and lightly pressed your fingers against the doors, ready to push them open.

"Go ahead."

So, you opened the door.

The doors made an unnaturally loud creak, causing the people in the now lively building ( which had been quiet and felt incredibly empty ) to turn to the entrance; all eyes were literally on you. You gulped nervously, scanning the building to try and find the people who were absent for seven years.

Several people stood up, still covered in bandages and slightly tattered clothes, and they rushed towards you. In a couple of seconds, you were overwhelmed by the missing members of Fairy Tail. Lucy, Erza and Natsu were the first to reach you, enveloping you in a warm, bone-crushing hug. The other people just awkwardly put their arms around the people who were hugging you.

Eventually, they broke off and did a double take on your appearance before they began showering you with compliments. There were warm smiles on their faces as they looked at you proudly; you couldn't really blame them, before they all left for Tenroujima, you were nothing but a scrawny little thing that looked like it wouldn't last two seconds in a serious match; you worked long and hard to become what you were now.

Erza crossed her arms and let out a small sound, "You've grown so much ever since we left. I can't believe you were that bony little thing seven years ago."

You smiled, silently showing your thanks before you decided to verbally express it. "Than-"

"FIGHT ME!!" Natsu suddenly yelled, making Erza's left eye twitch in annoyance.

Natsu's fists lit up and he grinned mischievously before a giant hand collided with Natsu, sending him flying to the other side of the building, wrecking it even more. Your eyes widened as Master Makarov came into view, his expression relaxed - as if he hadn't punched Natsu across the room.

Quite the Master we have here - I know.

A massive grin appeared on the old man's features, some of his mustache rising as well. "Ah - (Y/N), my dear! It seems you're joining the Grand Magic Games which'll be hosted in Crocus! Oh yeah - we're leaving tomorrow, get ready!"

"...oh," there was a long pause before you finally realized what Master Macarov had boldly announced, "Wait- what?! The Grand Magic - what?! When did you agree on this?! Why!?"

The old man whistled something before he walked towards the bar, ordering a drink - and then the drinks just kept coming. Your jaw dropped as everything began having the time of your life.

"Hey! I demand an explanation!"

No response; the master was already drunk and just kept ordering drink and drink, his cheeks dusted with pink as he laughed tipsily.