9 : Never Anger; Day Two of the Games

» edited: 09 | 09 | 2016

× ×

When Sabertooth's gigantic inn was in sight, you picked up the pace, despite your legs aching and begging for rest. You came to a stop in front of the inn's massive doors, allowing your tired limbs the brief rest it desperately needed. You turned to Flaire, mouthing the words: "Wait for me." Flaire nodded, diving into a nearby bush that was large and well—bushy enough to hide her tiny form.

When you were sure she wasn't going to be discovered by anybody, your attention shifted to the massive doors, before you broke both doors down with a single punch. Sounds of alarm from Sabertooth members echoed throughout the large room, and the members who were still awake quickly gathered near the entrance, ready to fend you off and forcefully make you leave the guild.

As if they would succeed.

"Where's your master?" you questioned straightforwardly, you had no plans to negotiate—all you truly wanted to do was to beat some sense into their master.

The members kept their mouth shut, refusing to answer your question as they unknowingly aggravated you even more. All at once, they charged toward you in hopes of overwhelming you with their numbers. You dealt with the mediocre wizards with ease, and it didn't take long before they were all lying on the floor, collapsed with no motivation to keep fighting.

The noise generated from the brawl that had broken out led to the remainder of the Sabertooth members, who were asleep, to rise from their slumber and quickly head to the source of all the commotion. You handled the new fighters without any problems, patiently waiting for the master to see what all the noise was about.

"I said," you raised your voice to a yell, making sure it was audible over the sounds the Sabertooth members were making, "where the hell is your master!?"

"What do you want with me, brat?" a foreign voice boomed, and the entire room fell silent, "And why are my members all on the floor?"

Your gaze shifted to the owner of the voice, and your [e/c] eyes landed on a large, bulky, middle-aged man with the Sabertooth insignia stamped on his forehead. Everybody in the room turned to him, and you could see all of the defeated members visibly shaking. The master eyed each of them one-by-one, and there was an air of dictator-esque superiority visible in the master's otherwise cold and unforgiving eyes.

"Pathetic," he commented, scoffing as he turned away from the fallen members in disgust, "and you call yourselves wizards of this guild? Only the extraordinarily strong can stay in Sabertooth—and here you are, succumbing to a measly girl, who's all by herself."

"..I don't want to see your pathetic faces ever again," the master then turned to you, and you dared to look him straight in the eye, all the anger you had been contaning radiating off of you in generous amounts; "and as for you, little girl, what's your business here?"

"I heard that you had kicked out one of your members for losing once—just once," you stated, hoping to elicit a reaction out of the master—there was none, "that just pisses me off, y'know? A guild who treats their own members like dirt is no guild at all."

There were whispers and murmurs between the Sabertooth members, and they were still loud enough for you to pick up with your heightened hearing. When the master had gestured for one of the still-standing members to come towards him, all the noise had died down, and the deafening silence from before had returned.

"She was nothing but a blemish anyway," the master commented casually, and that was more than enough to let your blood boil, "a blemish in this otherwise elite g-"

The master couldn't finish what he was going to say, he didn't deserve the luxury, he didn't deserve the title of "guild master." You charged towards the man your anger was directed at, appearing in front of him in a flash. You were about to throw a punch at him, only to have bright pink smoke envelope you. You coughed, quickly escaping just before the smoke had exploded.

"For the love of..!" you exclaimed, exasperated before you quickly turned around and grabbed the brown-haired man and slammed him against the cold floor of the inn, causing a dent in the pristine floor.

"Don't ever get in my way ever again," you snarled, "next time, I won't hesitate to beat you to death. You've seen what I can do to your guildmates."

"Master, I'll take care of-" Sting began, and your gaze was on him before you got off of the brown-haired male, and you could hear him scramble away to safety.

His master raised his hand, and Sting immediately stopped talking, facing the ground as he wallowed in his rejection. The master looked at you challengingly before you threw a punch, the high-ranking male blocked it with ease and you threw another punch, only to have it blocked once again.

More pissed than you had ever been, your fists set ablaze, catching the master off guard and making him flinch. You quickly began striking him again and again, before you fused fire and lightning into one. The entire guild watched as you quickly brought your fists down.

The attack hit the master.

There was an explosion as a result of your fused attack, and when the dust had settled, another girl had appeared, and she had shielded both herself and the master from your attack. There was a proud smirk on her face, and it had reminded you of the conceited smirk that Sting himself would almost always wear—but Sting wasn't smirking at the moment.

A blue forcefield which was created out of her magic power had flickered for a few seconds before it faded away. The girl rested her hands on her hips as she looked you in the eye, daring you to attack again. This time, you stood down, making the smirk on the girl's face grow.

"Good girl," she purred, making you scoff in response, "anyway, if we did go on, we all know who would emerge victorious—right, father? How about this, if you promise to walk out of here without anymore brawls, I'll return your cat unharmed and we can all forget this had ever happened."

"Cat?" you repeated in confusion, your eyebrow raising in question.

She chuckled lowly, before a blue sphere appeared and danced on her palm; a few seconds later, Flaire had materialized, thick, brown rope tied firmly around her shaking form. The girl wrapped her gloved arms around Flaire, stroking her.

Your eyes widened and you stared panicking, worried for the sake of your precious exceed. The girl smiled sadistically and with that, the powerful and tough facade you put on crumbling instantly. Flaire let out a strangled cry, and you quickly turned to the girl.

"Let her go!" you demanded, "She did nothing in this! This is between your master and I, goddamnit! Let my exceed go!"

She gave into your demands and let your cat go, the rope slowly unwinding itself as she ran towards you, jumping into your arms. You hugged her tightly, shushing her immediately when she began apologizing over and over again for getting caught.

"We're going," you announced, before you spun around and began walking towards the broken-down entrance, Flaire still cradled in your arms. After a few minutes spent walking in silence, you could hear the sound of footsteps getting louder and louder, and it sounded as if that thing was heading towards you.

You quickly turned around, only to watch Sting bent over, his hands resting on his knees as he caught his breath. You stared at him with a questioning look plastered on your face while Flaire, who had now calmed down, looked at the blonde with the same questioning look.

"(Y/N)—wait," he breathed, panting, "I—I need to tell you something; it's important."

"What..?"

Sting finally looked up, [e/c] clashing with dark blue, as he bit his lip. Instead of the usual conceitedness evident on his face, it held uncertainty and anxiety that worried you. Sting took a deep breath before he uttered the words you least expected to come out of his mouth:

"..I want you to be my mate."