Showdown At The Church

The next evening, Hatt was working on his garden by watering his crops that he had planted so that they would grow and he didn't have to go into the village to get food all the time. After he was done, he went back inside his home and sat on a chair before taking the weapons he had stolen from that crazy man out of his backpack and inspecting them.

Hatt: How would someone even craft this?

He was pretty fascinated by the light powered weapons and wondered if he could somehow recreate them.

Suddenly he got a strange feeling and looked out the window just in time to see a shadow go by. He narrowed his eyes before taking out his sword and exiting his cabin to find the sky had changed to purple and four beings with wings hovered above his home.

Raynare: Hello Stonecutter, we meet again.

Two of them were the fallen angel mobs he fought before while the other two, who were both females, were new.

Mittelt: Lets just kill him already and go back to the church.

Hatt remembered the fact she said go back to the church and realized that must be their base of operations.

Dohnaseek: You don't have to tell me twice!

All four summoned spears of light while Hatt took out and consumed a potion of swiftness and was ready for battle. Raynare struck first by throwing her light spear at Hatt who dodged and jump out of the way of another spear thrown by Dohnaseek.

Kalawarner: Damn he's quick!

Raynare: He won't be quick enough!

Kalawarner and Mittelt threw their spears at the same time at the same area next to Hatt and caused an explosion that knocked Hatt back a bit before he glared and leapt up at Kalawarner and sliced one of her wings off in one quick swipe of his sword.

Kalawarner: AAARRRAAAHHH!!!

Hatt knew he couldn't stop for even a seconded and kicked her down to the ground, landing on top of her and driving his sword through her chest.

Mittelt: NOOOO!!!

Kalawarner lost her life as the other fallen angels watched in horror and realized this would be harder than first thought.

Raynare: Throw everything you got at that bastard!

The remaining fallen angels than spawned enormous spears of light and threw them at Hatt who ran as fast as he could to dodge all of them before once again leaping at on of the fallen angels, this time being Dohnaseek and swung his sword through the middle of the fallen angel, cutting him completely in half and taking his life as well.

Mittelt: Holy shit!

As Hatt landed however, he got pierced in the shoulder by a light spear thrown by Raynare.

Raynare: Got you, you son of a bitch!

The spear then disappeared and blood gushed out of the now open wound.

Hatt: Dammit! Not good...

He had to bare through the pain and continue fighting, otherwise he was good as dead. He only had two of these dam mobs left to deal with. Raynare got ready to throw another spear to which Hatt quickly threw his sword at her and impaled her through the stomach.

Raynare: AHHHHH!!!

This caused her to fall to the ground as Mittelt decided enough was enough.

Mittelt: I'm out of here!

She then flew away as Raynare yelled at her.

Raynare: WAIT YOU BITCH, DON'T JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME HERE!!!

She then noticed a shadow appear over her and looked back to see Hatt standing over her as he reached down and yanked his sword out of her causing her to scream in pain as blood gushed out of her stomach. Hatt then raised his sword ready to strike her down as she attempted to plead to him.

Raynare: W-WAIT PLEASE DONT-

Hatt brought his sword down and ended her life in that moment. He then noticed an object on her and retrieved it, revealing it to be a stick of light.

Hatt: I could probably use this to create those weapons I got from that crazy guy in the village.

He went around and took similar items from the other fallen angel's corpses and then headed to the church where he was sure the last fallen angel had gone.

Meanwhile, Mittelt arrived back at the church where she entered and immediately informed the priests there of what had happened.

Mittelt: Contact Kokabiel! Tell him to send-

She was interrupted by the door's to the church being kicked open and Hatt standing there with his sword in one hand and Freed's light sword in the other.

Mittelt: Shit he's here!

Freed: You bastard! You dare lay waste to God's greatest creation!

Hatt: They evidently weren't his best if their monsters like them.

Freed growled before ordering the priests to attack.

Freed: KILL THAT ASSHOLE!

First the priests used their firearms and shot at Hatt while Mittelt threw spears of light at him as well who lunged behind a bench and took out a bottle, which was a splash potion of weakness, and tossed it over and caused it to shatter in the middle of all the priests and Mittelt.

Freed: Uhhh, why the fuck do I feel so weak...!

With all of them weakened, Hatt sprang from behind the bench with his sword and began cutting down the stray priests that littered the church. Freed, being the strongest of the priests, manage to still put up a fight with a new light sword.

Freed: I wont...let you...kill me!

But Hatt soon overpowered him and knocked the sword out of his hand, before finally driving Freed's own light sword straight though his neck. Freed instantly began choking on his own blood which gushed out as soon as Hatt yanked the sword out.

Freed: AAARRRAHHH!!!

Freed held his neck before falling to the ground and quickly bleeding out.

Hatt: Geez, so glad I killed that guy here and now so I don't have to worry about him later.

With all the priest's dead, Mittelt was the only one left and once again attempted to flee but was unable to get past Hatt who cut her down before she could reach the doors.

Now with all his enemies defeated, Hatt went around and collected anything he could from their corpse including holy water, crosses, more light weapons, and another light stick from Mittelt.

He then explored the church and eventually discovered a basement to which upon entering found a young girl tied to a large cross and barley clinging to life, seemingly having been tortured.

Hatt: Jesus...

Hatt pulled out a splash potion of healing and doused her with it along with a potion of regeneration.

Hatt: Come on...

Slowly the girl's injuries started healing and she began to breath normally again. Taking the chance to cut the chains and release the poor girl, Hatt held her in his arms and carried her out of the church and back to his home in the woods.